Conference Realignment

The ACC simply can't keep up financially with the BIG and SEC. In an age of naked financial cynicism at the uppermost level of college sports, tradition and geography only mean something to the power brokers insofar as those factors contribute to the bottom line.

As a kid, a colony on Mars would've seemed more plausible than A&M, Texas, and Texas Tech not playing each other every year. Frankly, I don't long for those times, as the SEC is a grossly better viewing experience, but I do miss a more naive time in college sports when fans didn't include athletic department revenues and budgets in their shit-talking.

I like you Ag so don't take this personally. I really loved it when TX announced they were joining the SEC. A&M pretended like they won a national title when they joined the SEC. The day A&M left I told Aggies that TX could and would join the SEC whenever they chose to do so. It is clear that the SEC settled just to get media markets when they took A&M and Missouri.

OU has a very tough schedule. I have no idea how it will go but one thing that is clear is that the move to the SEC has fixed our defensive recruiting issues that cropped up in the 2010's. (Venables has helped but those issues cropped up even while he was still at OU.)

I like you Ag so don't take this personally. I really loved it when TX announced they were joining the SEC. A&M pretended like they won a national title when they joined the SEC. The day A&M left I told Aggies that TX could and would join the SEC whenever they chose to do so. It is clear that the SEC settled just to get media markets when they took A&M and Missouri.

OU has a very tough schedule. I have no idea how it will go but one thing that is clear is that the move to the SEC has fixed our defensive recruiting issues that cropped up in the 2010's. (Venables has helped but those issues cropped up even while he was still at OU.)
I don’t take A&M ridicule personal. It’s a very diverse institution and much more mainstream than most perceive; however, much of its forwarding facing image is rightfully mocked, IMO.

No way that clemson or Fla st goes to the sec. Florida and lil’ Carolina like their state dominance in that conference and would be opposed to adding the in-state competition. Todays environment is more about media eyeballs, which is why UNC and uva will end up in the sec.

Back