Economic News Thread | FED announces 50 bps rate cut

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 377
  • Views: 7K
  • Politics 
A rate cut was baked in, I don't think a 50 bps rate cut was baked in. My assumption is that there is some slight concern that the large rate cut is a signal that the Fed is troubled by the underlying fundamentals of the economy.
Well, that concern would have been baked in. It's not as if people only today started to worry that a 50 bps cut is a bad signal about the economy.

Again, my greatest frustration...

MAGA white working class folks are more committed to their bigoted world view than the welfare of their families.

Trump realizes this and is pandering to the bigotry of his base offering nothing to improve the lives of their family when it comes to their economic well being, their family's education, or their family's health.

Donald Trump said the Federal Reserve’s decision to cut its benchmark interest rate by half a percentage point on Wednesday showed the U.S. economy was either “very bad” or the central bank was “playing politics,” the Financial Timesreports.

Said Trump: “I guess it shows the economy is very bad to cut it by that much, assuming that they are not just playing politics. The economy would be very bad, or they are playing politics, one or the other. But it was a big cut.”

Thoughts and prayers to all of the Trump supporters and Republicucks who are going to be positively fuming about something good happening in our country. You will overcome!
And, let's not overlook, something that has the potential to really help them. Unlike any of their cult leaders Concepts of possible policies.

Last edited:
I know Republicans have been trying to emphasize inflation, but that issue seems to be losing some steam with the combination of Kamala replacing Biden and inflation subsiding. Gas prices hitting two-year lows is also helping, as many people equate gas prices to the state of the economy.

To me, there are a lot of parallels to 1984. Inflation was rampant in 1981 and 1982, and there was a lot of anger against Reagan. By 1984, inflation had cooled, the stock market was hot, and people were not that upset about the economy when they finally went into the voting booth in November 1984.
If we only knew the long term effects of Reagan...

Donald Trump said the Federal Reserve’s decision to cut its benchmark interest rate by half a percentage point on Wednesday showed the U.S. economy was either “very bad” or the central bank was “playing politics,” the Financial Timesreports.

Said Trump: “I guess it shows the economy is very bad to cut it by that much, assuming that they are not just playing politics. The economy would be very bad, or they are playing politics, one or the other. But it was a big cut.”

He knows as much about economics as he does quantum physics.

"Mean while I will be doing the real work-still holding up Military appointments , until the Military does something smart " ( like monitor periods of female soldiers or whatever it is he wants)
He's so fucking dumb.

The central bank has to focus on what is best for the country, not timing of the election.

He knows as much about economics as he does quantum physics.
Trump just repeats whatever he hears on Fox. He doesn’t spend even a second to think about it himself. And while the Fox hosts are plenty smart to know what they’re saying is BS, they say it anyway, because that’s how they (and by extension, Trump) control their audience.

Again, my greatest frustration...

MAGA white working class folks are more committed to their bigoted world view than the welfare of their families.

Trump realizes this and is pandering to the bigotry of his base offering nothing to improve the lives of their family when it comes to their economic well being, their family's education, or their family's health.
Yes, it is frustrating to see them vote against their own better interest.

Trump just repeats whatever he hears on Fox. He doesn’t spend even a second to think about it himself. And while the Fox hosts are plenty smart to know what they’re saying is BS, they say it anyway, because that’s how they (and by extension, Trump) control their audience.
Like he said in the debate, he gets his news from TV.

It's early, but the stock market is killing it today. The only stock that sems to be down is DJT. Trading under $15 for a while this morning. It can all change, but the stock market is soaring today so far. Dow up over 400 points.

It's early, but the stock market is killing it today. The only stock that sems to be down is DJT. Trading under $15 for a while this morning. It can all change, but the stock market is soaring today so far. Dow up over 400 points.
Dems did this to interfer with the election We all know a great Stock Market low unemployment ,rising wages and lowering interst rates is evil communism

Back