GOP slouches into the Crazy -IMMIGRATION Edition | Trump Won’t Condemn Bomb Threats in Springfield OH

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 775
  • Views: 16K
  • Politics 
And this is what I've said for at least 8 years now with Trump. This whole "I'm voting for ideas or for judges or for policies" bullshit is just that....bullshit.

They are all voting for Donald Trump. They endorse and embrace this shitm. This is the kind of thing you are either for or against. There is no middle ground on this mess.
Yeah they love the vile stuff. trump gives them ton permission to be themselves.

Aurora CO mayor makes fear mongering comments without information, regrets it after Trump jumped on it.

--------------------
Mike Coffman, the conservative Republican mayor of Aurora, Colo., said he was at home on Tuesday night watching the presidential debate and bracing for the worst.

And then there it was again, before tens of millions of viewers: former President Donald J. Trump, describing Mr. Coffman’s Aurora, a sprawling suburb just east of Denver, as a city under siege, terrorized by migrants.

“They’re taking over buildings,” Mr. Trump said. “They’re going in violently.”

Mr. Coffman was contrite on Thursday as he told that story. After all, he had helped create the tall tale now sullying his city’s reputation.

Before Springfield, Ohio, before the misinformation about devoured pets and the memes of Mr. Trump rescuing ducks and kittens, there was Aurora, pop. 404,219, supposedly overrun by the violent Venezuelan street gang, Tren de Aragua. Those claims became a cause célèbre for the right-wing media, and ultimately a key focus of Mr. Trump’s anti-immigration repertoire as he escalated his attacks on immigrants as part of his campaign’s effort to capitalize on voter concerns about the southern border crisis.

Caught in the middle are a number of migrants, living in dilapidated apartments that Aurora officials now call squalor, amid “criminal elements,” not widespread gang activity, and unable to find or afford better. The buildings are nonetheless at the center of a national firestorm.

And Mr. Coffman has had to reverse his own rhetoric as he watches Mr. Trump, the presidential candidate he still said he would reluctantly vote for in November, continue to stoke fear in his community. Meantime, the mayor has started a crusade to try to undo the damage Mr. Trump is inflicting.

“I mean, I agree with him on a lot of policies as it pertains to immigration,” Mr. Coffman said in City Hall on Thursday. “But I’m also the mayor of the City of Aurora, and my job is not only to make sure that the city is safe, but also to protect the image of the city. This narrative out there is exaggerated, and it’s our responsibility to correct it.”

As far back as May 2023, Aurora officials had been trying to force an out-of-state landlord to fix up three blighted apartment complexes in the downtrodden East Colfax Corridor, which connects the cities of Denver and Aurora.

In July 2024, the landlord, CBZ Management, which says it is based in Colorado and Brooklyn, offered a new argument for why it couldn’t repair the buildings: Venezuelan gangs had taken over, and the property managers had been forced to flee.

Mr. Coffman and a Republican City Council member, Danielle Jurinsky, quickly repeated CBZ’s unverified claim in interviews.

“We have areas in our city, unfortunately, that have been taken, and we have to take back,” Mr. Coffman told a local talk radio host on July 31.

On Aug, 5, a public relations agent, Sara Lattman, hired by CBZ, pitched a “tip” to the local Fox television network affiliate in Denver.

“An apartment building and its owners in Aurora, Colorado have become the most recent victims of the Venezuelan Gang Tren de Aragua’s violence, which has taken over several communities in the Denver area,” she wrote on Fox 31’s tip line, according to an email obtained by The Times. “The residents and building owners of these properties have been left in a state of fear and chaos.”

After the video of armed men went viral in August, Mr. Coffman recalled strapping on a bulletproof vest — “I looked like the Michelin Man” — to pay his first visit to the building where it was filmed. He saw nothing but frustrated renters pleading with him to intervene. When he next held a town-hall meeting with renters from the apartment complexes, he didn’t bother with security.

The mayor blames his initial statements on information from the Aurora police that was too credulous in repeating the property owner’s excuses.

“The pattern of problems are with one — really, I’m going to be real blunt, I guess — out-of- state slumlord,” he said.

Mr. Chamberlain, the police chief, said he believed that the situation at the properties was now under control. The department is shifting to supporting the Venezuelan community with youth programs and safety outreach — and trying to ensure that its law enforcement efforts do not target the entire migrant community.

Trump leaning into expanding his ugly Springfield Haitians rhetoric to ugly immigration rhetoric in your town too!!!

IMG_2826.jpeg
IMG_2825.jpeg

IMG_2828.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

Long video clips for this sort of thing but well worth watching.

Vance pushes back that it’s “disgusting” to allege that bomb threats are tied in any way to his rhetoric.

Wow. We made it up so you pay attention to our other misleading claims is honest, at least, I guess?

“The evidence is the first hand accounts of my constituents…”

“If I have to create stories …” to get you to cover …

“You just said that this is a story you created …”

“I say that we’re creating a story … we created the focus that allowed the American media to cover the suffering” caused by Kamala Harris’s policies.

Last edited:
He and Trump need to be confronted with DeWine’s words that this is all false, and force then to try to discredit a popular governor. This could backfire massively and really help Sherrod Brown.
it already is backfiring massively.

anyone who isn't hardcore MAGA knows these claims and rhetoric are disgusting and insane. see the stuff NYC posted above about various republicans discussing their regret about initially helping amplify this nonsense. the aurora mayor still "reluctantly" voting for trump is stomach churning.

it already is backfiring massively.

anyone who isn't hardcore MAGA knows these claims and rhetoric are disgusting and insane. see the stuff NYC posted above about various republicans discussing their regret about initially helping amplify this nonsense. the aurora mayor still "reluctantly" voting for trump is stomach churning.
Yes, but forcing Trump and Vance to denounce DeWine will hurt them significantly among Ohio Republicans. Don’t forget John Kasich beat Trump in the 2016 Ohio GOP primary. If you can peel off some Kasich/DeWine/Portman Republicans because of intraparty squabbling, it could get interesting in Ohio.

“I think it is disgraceful that Kamala Harris has heard these complaints, has decided to call people RACIST instead of actually trying to make their lives better by undoing her open border.”

Back