Growing up Gen-X

Generation X (often shortened to Gen X) is the demographic cohort following the Baby Boomers and preceding Millennials. Researchers and popular media often use the mid-1960s as its starting birth years and the late 1970s as its ending birth years, with the generation being generally defined as people born from 1965 to 1980.

Younger than me and my siblings Older than my children
I have zero "feel " for Ya'll........

I said this a few weeks back in another thread, but to me there are two pretty distinct subsets of Gen-Xers — those who recall childhood in the 1970s and those who don’t. My husband and I are the former (among older Gen Xers) and our younger siblings born in the mid70s seem to us to have a lot more in common with Millennials…

I know the world wasn't really safer back then... We just didn't know about every detail. But the freedom of just going to play and explore by myself, that shaped so much of my interests today.

When we moved to a rural area, I would leave the house and explore the woods for hours and hours, following creeks for miles.. Just feels like you cant do that today

I know the world wasn't really safer back then... We just didn't know about every detail. But the freedom of just going to play and explore by myself, that shaped so much of my interests today.

When we moved to a rural area, I would leave the house and explore the woods for hours and hours, following creeks for miles.. Just feels like you cant do that today
Baby Boomer here . City boy (well CH ) but without question the most wonderful times I had as a kid were "following creeks " for a few miles " Sometimes with a BB gun-sometimes not LOL

You can if your parents let you.

Baby Boomer here . City boy (well CH ) but without question the most wonderful times I had as a kid were "following creeks " for a few miles " Sometimes with a BB gun-sometimes not LOL
Boy are we alike. We were on the edge of developing Raleigh. Me and my still best friend explored for miles as well. The creeks are all now part of greenways. But back then it was woods and ponds. I truly believe playing in mud and muck built up reststance to all kinds of things.

Grew up in the 1970s and early 80s in a NC foothills factory town, graduated from high school in mid-80s. I still have fond memories of going to local video game arcades and hearing the sounds of all of the video game consoles and seeing all the flashing lights in the dim light. Spent many a quarter in those places back in the day. Also enjoyed playing my Atari home video game console with friends on weekend afternoons (Pitfall! Asteroids!), and watching the old ACC Tournament basketball games during Friday afternoons at school. Our school had a color TV on a cart set up in the school commons and teachers would bring their kids down to watch the first-round games. Those were good times.

Boy are we alike. We were on the edge of developing Raleigh. Me and my still best friend explored for miles as well. The creeks are all now part of greenways. But back then it was woods and ponds. I truly believe playing in mud and muck built up reststance to all kinds of things.
It was fun

I said this a few weeks back in another thread, but to me there are two pretty distinct subsets of Gen-Xers — those who recall childhood in the 1970s and those who don’t. My husband and I are the former (among older Gen Xers) and our younger siblings born in the mid70s seem to us to have a lot more in common with Millennials…
I’m a 77 baby. Definitely a Xennial

Back