Harris v. Trump Debate Thread | DEBATE DISCUSSION THREAD

Cut Zoo some slack. He was in full on pessimist mode last night. I’ve been there in politics and sports.
You were in full on pessimist mode when Joe Biden was completely imploding on the debate stage in front of the entire world. Zoo was in full on pessimist mode when Kamala Harris was turning in one of the most decisive debate ass kickings in modern American political history, one that even every single prominent Republican politician, commentator, or medium member acknowledged occurred. It’s an apples to hand grenades comparison. I am really hoping that last night was Zoo performing some kind of bit because otherwise it was, to put it kindly, very bizarre.

1000004939.png

Here are the quote from the one writer who thought trump won and they are glorious

Daniel McCarthy, editor of the periodical Modern Age By staking ground as the outsider candidate, Trump won. He emphasized his willingness to fire officials who performed badly, while Harris boasted about a long line of establishment Republicans who have endorsed her, including Dick Cheney. If Washington needs profound change, it won’t come from the vice president

McCarthy Winning the coin toss before the debate even began set up the most pivotal moment, which was Trump’s closing question for Harris, asking why she and the administration in which she serves haven’t already done the things she promises to do.

McCarthy Harris’s lectern was too short, accentuating how much smaller she is.

Last edited:
His crazy is now out there for everyone to see; it was a peek into his rallies and "Truth" account. No one can hide behind ignorance. If they vote for him, they are knowingly voting for crazy. One the one hand, I think this makes it more likely Kamala will win. On the other hand, sadly, millions of Americans will knowingly vote for crazy. That is bad for our country.
Exactly. We saw the results of the iterating equation that is Trump's truth social incel world. The rest of the normies just saw it and said "what the hell?"

Watching the debate with my husband was a revelation — he is engaged in politics but so loathes Trump that he actively avoids most of the Trump speeches and social media I consume. I sort of made him let me explain the pet eating back-story ahead of the debate because (a) my husband is the one who first read and got me to read the NYT story on Haitian migrants in Springfield Ohio (before the pet-eating lies) and (b) I thought it HAD to come up somehow tonight, though I didn’t think Trump would dive into it so early or so directly. I more expected a wink and nod reference.

Anyway, to my husband a lot of what I would call standard Trump rally rabbit holes were eye-opening. My husband was laughing repeatedly at how insane Trump sounded and asking what Trump was even talking about.

Hopefully a lot of other normal people who don’t regularly consume Trump’s insanity had a similar experience tonight.
it sounds like your husband and i are similar.

i avoid him at all costs too and really only see content about him that you post on this board. pretty sure the last time i heard his voice was the first debate.

90% of the time when he was speaking last night i was laughing hysterically.

what a lunatic.

1000004939.png

Here are the quote from the one writer who thought trump won and they are glorious

Daniel McCarthy, editor of the periodical Modern Age By staking ground as the outsider candidate, Trump won. He emphasized his willingness to fire officials who performed badly, while Harris boasted about a long line of establishment Republicans who have endorsed her, including Dick Cheney. If Washington needs profound change, it won’t come from the vice president

McCarthy Winning the coin toss before the debate even began set up the most pivotal moment, which was Trump’s closing question for Harris, asking why she and the administration in which she serves haven’t already done the things she promises to do.

McCarthy Harris’s lectern was too short, accentuating how much smaller she is.
Does that guy post here under the handle ZooView?

The good news is that Kamala definitively won the debate. I don't think Trump social media whining about the moderators is getting much traction. Now, the question is will it really affect the opinions and votes of any voters? I guess we'll just have to see. It's always difficult to predict what an "undecided" voter would do because people who call themselves "undecided" tend to say absolutely incomprehensible things about what they liked, didn't like, or want to see from a candidate.

I would be interested in our board GQPers' opinions about last night's debate.

Hy ?

doug ?

anyone ? anyone ?

Back