Harris v. Trump Debate Thread | DEBATE DISCUSSION THREAD

Was watching it again while working - that moment where he lied, she said it's not true, and he goes "I'm talking now please. if you dont mind. please. does that sound familiar?" It was so disgustingly angry - just soooooo mean.
You can tell he was coached to do that, and executed it...poorly

Yep. I think they call it ... "debate preparation".

Try it sometime, Donald.
I read that she is OCD concerning details and the process of practically every thing. I knew she would be prepared. Having this conversation last week while golfing a friend said she was like Prince running his band through rehearsal, stop, go, stop, go until it's perfect.

I read that she is OCD concerning details and the process of practically every thing. I knew she would be prepared. Having this conversation last week while golfing a friend said she was like Prince running his band through rehearsal, stop, go, stop, go until it's perfect.
I was a little nervous after she tapdanced around the first question, but apparently she just needed to shake off those early jitters, and was totally locked in after that.

I was a little nervous after she tapdanced around the first question, but apparently she just needed to shake off those early jitters, and was totally locked in after that.
yea after the 1st question was asked i said on here, "he's gonna bust her ass with this question" then i listened and to my delight, i posted "shit, he went full crazy right off the bat" and the route was on.

That was very intentional. In court, you have to start by answering the judge’s question. But in a political debate, it’s become very normal to just ignore the first question and immediately start talking through the primary message you want to convey. She wanted to talk about her economic plans, especially the $50k deduction for small businesses, so that’s what she did. I agree it’s a little annoying, but the experts in this stuff have concluded that’s the most effective way to begin a debate.

Even if there is a hypothetical better Democratic candidate, Harris is reasonably close to whoever that may be and light years closer to the optimal candidate for her party (or any party) than Trump is. He's the most unqualified candidate in the history of presidential elections, so spare the concern trolling about how Democrats don't have the best candidate they could possibly have.
Exactly. You don't need to be perfect to be better than trash.

I'm in those numbers. I posted right before the debate that I didn't watch the Biden debate because I knew it would be a shit show, but I was looking forward to last night because I thought Harris would whip his ass. I'm a regular nostradumbass!

Sort of like your three-point sniper missing their first two attempts, then hitting 7 out of 8 the rest of the way.

Right. JaMarcus Russell is not qualified to be an NFL QB. That break-dancing lady from Australia is not qualified to be on the Olympic break dancing team.
Sidebar - did you know she apparently won a world championship in 2023? I have no idea how that was possible

Sidebar - did you know she apparently won a world championship in 2023? I have no idea how that was possible
I just read about that the morning. Basically it was because there was no degree of difficulty adjustment. The rankings were based on sanctioned competitions, but the quality of the competitions varies widely. She was in the Oceania region, which isn't competitive so she won the tournament handily with very high scores.

It's like if college basketball teams were assessed solely on their record, so that a team could get a number 1 seed by playing (and pummelling) exclusively the weakest teams.

Not sure, but I think she used the first question as a prompt to give what was basically an “opening statement” - if you will. They weren’t allowed to give an opening statement, so she snuck one in there. She coulda, shoulda worked in a bit more of a direct answer to the question, in and amongst said opening statement - would have been better. But I is what it is.

Back