Harris v. Trump Debate Thread | DEBATE DISCUSSION THREAD

never seen so many cry babies than i have on twitter today.

Twitter is full of MAGA! I have considered deleting my account several times in the last month. If not for a few friends and a mutual PM chain, I would have.

Sidebar - did you know she apparently won a world championship in 2023? I have no idea how that was possible
Ha ha. I have no idea. I thought I heard on NPR that she was an academic who was responsible for getting breakdancing in. But honestly, I haven't paid much attention. That comment had two purposes: (1) to make a point and (2) to make myself sound relevant and informed. I suppose I need to work on the second one. 🤣🤣

Yeah, the economy is a tricky one right now. The indicators all look good, but there’s a “perception” it’s not because prices are more than consumers are used to paying. It’s not easy to message to the general public because you don’t want to talk down to folks by saying “it’s better than you think”, while paychecks aren’t going as far as they did pre-pandemic. Joe Voter doesn’t want to hear that our inflation isn’t as bad as other countries.
Another poster has the perfect answer earlier in the thread -something along the lines of…
When Trump left the White House, unemployment was as at its highest since the Great Depression.
Since we’ve been on the job,
The stock market is at an all time high.
We’ve created record number of jobs.
Unemployment is at an all time low.
What we have to do is make sure that all Americans can benefit from this surging economy and we do that by (insert your policy here)

Ha ha. I have no idea. I thought I heard on NPR that she was an academic who was responsible for getting breakdancing in. But honestly, I haven't paid much attention. That comment had two purposes: (1) to make a point and (2) to make myself sound relevant and informed. I suppose I need to work on the second one. 🤣🤣
OK, here you go

What he did and/or allowed to happen on January 6th should automatically disqualify him from the presidency in the future.

Yeah, I wish McConnell wasn't such a ***** and actually voted to remove, let Pence to the last couple weeks and move on. But they didn't unfortunately.

Back