Israel Hamas War | IDF Kills peaceful American Protester in West Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 762
  • Views: 9K
  • Politics 
Right, I addressed that above. FWIW no other major outlets other than the NYT are reporting on the attack.
FWIW, Israel blocks foreign media from entering to cover what is happening and they have targeted/assassinated 100+ journalists that were in Gaza. That probably is a reason for that.

The NYT article has been updated:

The Israeli military confirmed the strike, but not the death toll or the proximity to the hospital. It said it had struck a Hamas command center overnight to “remove an immediate threat,” which was “embedded” within a humanitarian area in Deir al-Balah.

“Numerous steps were taken to mitigate the risk of harming civilians, including the use of precise munitions” and aerial surveillance, the statement said, echoing words often employed by the military after airstrikes in Gaza.

The NYT article has been updated:

The Israeli military confirmed the strike, but not the death toll or the proximity to the hospital. It said it had struck a Hamas command center overnight to “remove an immediate threat,” which was “embedded” within a humanitarian area in Deir al-Balah.

“Numerous steps were taken to mitigate the risk of harming civilians, including the use of precise munitions” and aerial surveillance, the statement said, echoing words often employed by the military after airstrikes in Gaza.

Ah yes, the Hamas excuse.
So I’m guessing the civilians that were killed just randomly combusted. Such BS.

This was in the West Bank. No Hamas excuse to use here and it was during a peaceful protest.

While the JPost is also confirming that she was shot by the IDF, the source you chose is a propaganda bot.
I only posted the relevant story, you didn't see me post anything else. Also, why aren't you commenting about the actual incident? They basically executed an American citizen in the West Bank and silence from you about it. That tells me all I need to know.

I only posted the relevant story, you didn't see me post anything else. Also, why aren't you commenting about the actual incident? They basically executed an American citizen in the West Bank and silence from you about it. That tells me all I need to know.
I'm referring to the X account linked. As far as the actual incident is concerned, I don't see anything showing she was "executed". There's essentially no information right now about what happened, other than the fact that she was shot in the head by an IDF sniper while at a protest. I believe that is wrong. Was it intentional? Was it accidental? Was it a "fog of war" situation where they shot at someone else and she took the bullet, or was she directly targeted? Either way it shouldn't have happened.

I'm referring to the X account linked. As far as the actual incident is concerned, I don't see anything showing she was "executed". There's essentially no information right now about what happened, other than the fact that she was shot in the head by an IDF sniper while at a protest. I believe that is wrong. Was it intentional? Was it accidental? Was it a "fog of war" situation where they shot at someone else and she took the bullet, or was she directly targeted? Either way it shouldn't have happened.
"Fog of war"? What war? This happened in the West Bank. It was a peaceful protest. Israel does this all the time, but you ignore it. Over 20 years ago they literally ran over an American citizen, Rachel Corrie, with a bulldozer. She was standing in front of it protesting a home demolition. They clearly saw her as the bulldozer was not moving and then they purposefully ran her over. This was no accident. If it happens once, one might say it's an accident. But this happens all the time.

"Fog of war"? What war? This happened in the West Bank. It was a peaceful protest. Israel does this all the time, but you ignore it. Over 20 years ago they literally ran over an American citizen, Rachel Corrie, with a bulldozer. She was standing in front of it protesting a home demolition. They clearly saw her as the bulldozer was not moving and then they purposefully ran her over. This was no accident. If it happens once, one might say it's an accident. But this happens all the time.
With all due respect, I don't think that twice in 20 years qualifies as "all the time". And Israel had just completed a significant military operation in the West Bank. But I agree with you, I have serious questions about this incident.

With all due respect, I don't think that twice in 20 years qualifies as "all the time". And Israel had just completed a significant military operation in the West Bank. But I agree with you, I have serious questions about this incident.
It's not once every 20 years. I was pointing out that it happened 20 years ago to another American protestor and nothing changed. My friend's husband, a white American, is in Ramallah now and he was filming a video for Instagram when suddenly Israeli soldiers started shooting at them and he and his group were informing them that they were American (and of course, the soldiers didn't care).

As for Palestinians, incidents like this happen all the time. Like I said before, over 200 Palestinians were killed (including a few that were American citizens) pre-Oct 7th last year from incidents like this, but it was mostly ignored by western media or was a foot note in the news. Now, imagine if it was Hamas that killed 200 Israelis and some of them were American. Do you think it would be ignored?

It's not once every 20 years. I was pointing out that it happened 20 years ago to another American protestor and nothing changed. My friend's husband, a white American, is in Ramallah now and he was filming a video for Instagram when suddenly Israeli soldiers started shooting at them and he and his group were informing them that they were American (and of course, the soldiers didn't care).

As for Palestinians, incidents like this happen all the time. Like I said before, over 200 Palestinians were killed (including a few that were American citizens) pre-Oct 7th last year from incidents like this, but it was mostly ignored by western media or was a foot note in the news. Now, imagine if it was Hamas that killed 200 Israelis and some of them were American. Do you think it would be ignored?
Maybe the deaths prior to 10/7 had something to do with tens of thousands of missiles being fired at Israeli citizens?

From Gaza and the West Bank-

You conveniently leave out a lot of what happened. These links can help you:

Back