JD Vance Catch-all | “we have to destroy the universities in this country”

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 835
  • Views: 18K
  • Politics 

"...
A pair of surveys by Blueprint, the centrist Democratic pollster backed by Reid Hoffman, one taken July 21 - July 22, two days after Vance was announced as Donald Trump’s running mate, and then again two weeks later on August 4, showed Vance’s net favorability falling from -7 to -11 with fewer voters unsure either way. That’s similar to other public polling, which has also shown Vance making a poor first impression since joining the Republican ticket.

The main shift in how respondents viewed Vance: He’s become more and more identified with his particular brand of conservatism and less with his famed biography as an author, veteran, and politician. Presented with a list of options to describe Vance in August, the most common answers were “conservative,” “anti-woman,” and “weird,” while more positive options like “young,” “smart,” and “businessman” declined from July. The percentage calling him “extreme” shot up 13 points. ..."

". . . . Presented with a list of options to describe Vance in August, the most common answers were “conservative,” “anti-woman,” and “weird,” while more positive options like “young,” “smart,” and “businessman” declined from July. The percentage calling him “extreme” shot up 13 points. . . .."
I'm thinking the photograph of JD Vance in drag, taken a little over ten years ago, might bump the "weird" percentage up a bit. The multiple names changes that have come to light since then might bump up the "weird" also. It will never happen, but it would great if an interviewer or debate adversary would start a sentence with, "Senator Vance, if that is still your name as of this evening, . . .."

ETA: Not that there is anything wrong with that. I have a photo of my grandfather and his younger brother in drag, grandfather as the bride in a "Womanless Wedding" skit and his younger brother as one of the "bridesmaids." This was in the mid-1950's and was a fun-raiser for the Rotary Club in my hometown. For the rest of his life, my grandfather would laugh every time he saw that photo.

Last edited:
Guess Republicans are of the “drag for me but not for thee” mantra, huh?
Actually, Repubs think dressing in drag is perfectly acceptable IF the person is making fun of trans people. Being a “real” trans person is unacceptable.

Also, the Repubs will give you a pass if you say you used to be trans but now denounce that lifestyle. It’s kinda like w religious zealot Repubs. Just tell them you used to be a child rapist pedophile Democrat but now you see the light and hate those people and love Trump. Then you’ll be good.

Actually, Repubs think dressing in drag is perfectly acceptable IF the person is making fun of trans people. Being a “real” trans person is unacceptable.

Also, the Repubs will give you a pass if you say you used to be trans but now denounce that lifestyle. It’s kinda like w religious zealot Repubs. Just tell them you used to be a child rapist pedophile Democrat but now you see the light and hate those people and love Trump. Then you’ll be good.
As Metallica would say, Sad But True.

The first photo could be passed off as frat house hijinks - second one is much more damaging because he looks pretty into it. Making fun of women is one thing - wanting to be like one is a whole other matter.

I’d rather Hillary Clinton (and Bill) just disappear.
Yeah I understand this logic. There are half a dozen rising Democrat stars I'd replace them with or even other established ones. The DNC is still an old boys club though so..

Back