JD Vance Catch-all | “we have to destroy the universities in this country”

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 835
  • Views: 17K
  • Politics 

“Whatever makes sense”

One of the associates doesn’t want to be on camera …lol! And then the awkward silence when he thinks she doesn’t recognize him and he says he’s running for vice president, and she’s like, “uh-huh…”. I LOVE IT.

When he asked how long the store had been there, and they said 4 years, I SO WANTED them to say they were able to open thanks to biden’s COVID small business loan assistance.

One of the associates doesn’t want to be on camera …lol! And then the awkward silence when he thinks she doesn’t recognize him and he says he’s running for vice president, and she’s like, “uh-huh…”. I LOVE IT.

When he asked how long the store had been there, and they said 4 years, I SO WANTED them to say they were able to open thanks to biden’s COVID small business loan assistance.
he isn’t running for vice president.

He can’t even explain that.

Honest question, is JD worse at retail politics than Ted?

I can’t recall a candidate for pres/vp with this level of clumsiness in routine social interactions.
Tough question. I have Cruz leading in the "his face makes me want punch him" category, but Vance has a lead in the "alien pod person" category.

I'm not fully convinced Vance is an actual human. I think he's some type of Republican AI experiment - probably thought up by the Project 2025 braintrust.

How do people like this get elected to any office?

I simply do not understand.
He struggled (relative to other Republicans), with Trump's endorsement, in OHIO. DeWine won in the same election year 63-37 (other two main state-wide races were 60-40 in favor of the GOP candidates); Vance won (over a strong candidate in Tim Ryan) 53-47.

Dude gives zero effs about connecting with normal people (of which he was one).
Given that one of Trump's sons apparently had a lot to do with Dear Leader choosing Vance, I'm betting that they told Dad that Vance would really connect with ordinary white working-class folks that make up most of Trump's base. Except that as you said, Vance has spent most of his adult life trying to get as far away from those types of people as possible. He may have a house in Ohio for residential/voting purposes, but he really lives in an affluent, blue-voting DC suburb.

Back