JD Vance Catch-all | “we have to destroy the universities in this country”

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 835
  • Views: 17K
  • Politics 
Given that one of Trump's sons apparently had a lot to do with Dear Leader choosing Vance, I'm betting that they told Dad that Vance would really connect with ordinary white working-class folks that make up most of Trump's base. Except that as you said, Vance has spent most of his adult life trying to get as far away from those types of people as possible. He may have a house in Ohio for residential/voting purposes, but he really lives in an affluent, blue-voting DC suburb.
Fingers crossed that Trump loses the election, the aftermath and people pointing fingers, diet spilled is going to be epic as the kids say.

With a shitload of Peter Thiel’s money. Chuck Schumer shit on Tim Ryan because he didn’t think they could win OH so he diverted the DSCC money elsewhere.
Ah, yet another of Schumer's brilliant campaign decisions over the years. Supporting Cunningham over Jackson in NC in 2020 and Beasley over Jackson in NC in 2022 are just two local examples.

Ah, yet another of Schumer's brilliant campaign decisions over the years. Supporting Cunningham over Jackson in NC in 2020 and Beasley over Jackson in NC in 2022 are just two local examples.
The choice of Beasley made sense in early 2022. Everyone was afraid of a red wave. He didn't want to waste Jeff Jackson on a hopeless cause. Remember -- the election was looking VERY bleak until Dobbs came down in the summer.

Good grief. That was DeSantis-level social ineptitude.
One thing I've noticed about him that makes him almost instinctively unlikeable is that he very often has a definite smirk plastered on his face, especially whenever he thinks he's being funny (and he rarely is). It makes him look smug and condescending. He looks like the kind of guy who would have seen Walz's son crying and pointing at his dad and just snorted derisively and smirked, and that's not a very attractive quality in a person. He's definitely got some DeSantis-level social ineptitude going on.

How do people like this get elected to any office?

I simply do not understand.
Peter Thiel’s money bought JD Vance his Senate seat.

Money is usually the answer.

In 1984, the North Carolina US Senate race between Jim Hunt and Jesse Helms was the most expensive US Senate race ever…..$25+ million……Hunt, the sitting Governor of North Carolina spent $9 million……Jesse, the incumbent Senator, spent over $16 million.

Counterpoint: We have the Senate. The freaking Senate. Imagine the last 4 years with a Republican Senate. They sausage may have been made, and there may have been tradeoffs and even sacrifices along the way, but the Schumer has delivered the goods. You can argue that we could have had a bigger majority, but that's a lot like second guessing you coach on Monday morning after he won the big game on Sunday.

I really, really, really want a reporter to ask J.D. Vance how he feels about being kicked out of the V.P slot in favor of RFK Jr. Do if full deadpan. A man can dream can't he?

On his Meet the Press interview this weekend,I noticed JD dropped or significantly scaled back the eyeliner,

Back