Kraken /J6 Catch-all

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 23
  • Views: 528
Wow

D.C. prosecutor accused of misconduct at trials of anti-Trump protesters​

A police detective is also named in charging documents as helping the prosecutor selectively edit videos to support conspiracy charges.

"... A federal prosecutor who oversaw sweeping arrests of anti-Trump demonstrators in the nation’s capital manipulated evidence alongside a D.C. police detective in an apparent attempt to strengthen the case, according to an office that investigates misconduct complaints against attorneys in the District.

Jennifer Kerkhoff Muyskens, who has since left the U.S. attorney’s office for D.C., worked with a detective, Greggory Pemberton, to edit video of people planning protests of the president’s 2017 inauguration, and later falsely told the court about it, the D.C.’s Office of Disciplinary Counsel alleges.

... The disciplinary counsel alleges that Pemberton and Muyskens altered evidence that was central to the government’s case against the demonstrators. The pair excised portions of a protest planning meeting discussing nonviolence to bolster claims of conspiracy, thereby depriving defendants of evidence to counter the charges, the complaint states. The documents also allege Muyskens and Pemberton initially hid the video’s origins. The material came from Project Veritas, a conservative activist group that uses secret recordings to target the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups. ..."

GTbEHyEXgAAc1Ck

It's so hilarious that these MAGA clingers see Trump and think, "hey I should have that adulation too." Hence Giuliani comparing himself to George Washington and Peter Navarro telling everyone "I went to jail so you don't have to."

I'd like an opinion from lawyers on this board, is it just my cognitive bias, of do all these MAGA legal filings read like they're middle school term papers to you? Am I imagining that? I mean the vocabulary, the sentence structure, the arguments, it all seems so rudimentary. I think it's fair to say that if I read them out of context I'd have zero idea they were legal filings at all.

1722017762894.png

Wow

D.C. prosecutor accused of misconduct at trials of anti-Trump protesters​

A police detective is also named in charging documents as helping the prosecutor selectively edit videos to support conspiracy charges.

"... A federal prosecutor who oversaw sweeping arrests of anti-Trump demonstrators in the nation’s capital manipulated evidence alongside a D.C. police detective in an apparent attempt to strengthen the case, according to an office that investigates misconduct complaints against attorneys in the District.

Jennifer Kerkhoff Muyskens, who has since left the U.S. attorney’s office for D.C., worked with a detective, Greggory Pemberton, to edit video of people planning protests of the president’s 2017 inauguration, and later falsely told the court about it, the D.C.’s Office of Disciplinary Counsel alleges.

... The disciplinary counsel alleges that Pemberton and Muyskens altered evidence that was central to the government’s case against the demonstrators. The pair excised portions of a protest planning meeting discussing nonviolence to bolster claims of conspiracy, thereby depriving defendants of evidence to counter the charges, the complaint states. The documents also allege Muyskens and Pemberton initially hid the video’s origins. The material came from Project Veritas, a conservative activist group that uses secret recordings to target the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups. ..."

Would an “ethics charge” be the first step towards a license suspension or disbarment?

I'd like an opinion from lawyers on this board, is it just my cognitive bias, of do all these MAGA legal filings read like they're middle school term papers to you? Am I imagining that? I mean the vocabulary, the sentence structure, the arguments, it all seems so rudimentary. I think it's fair to say that if I read them out of context I'd have zero idea they were legal filings at all.

1722017762894.png
You are not imagining that -- I've seen pro se filings from prisoners that are better written (though I've seen hand written ones where the prisoner is barely literate but still trying to make their case, too). It has gone well past unprofessional at this point ...

They sure seem obserssed with that Trump/Rafsenberger phone call. They know how damning it is to Trump. Keep playing it everyone!!

Tina Peters, the former clerk of Mesa County, Colo., was convicted on Monday of tampering with voting machines under her control in a failed attempt to prove that they had been used to rig the 2020 election against former President Donald J. Trump.

After nearly five hours of deliberations, a jury in Grand Junction found Ms. Peters guilty of seven criminal charges connected to her efforts to breach a machine manufactured by Dominion Voting Systems. The jury determined that Ms. Peters had helped an outsider gain unauthorized access to the machine in May 2021 and obtain information that was later made public at a conspiratorial event held to undermine trust in Mr. Trump’s defeat to Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Ms. Peters is set to be sentenced on Oct. 3 and could face multiple years in prison.

…”

“A pro-Trump lawyer facing criminal charges for illegally accessing Michigan voting machines after the 2020 election was disqualified Tuesday from representing former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne after a judge found her and Byrne responsible for leaking up to 1 million confidential records turned over in a separate defamation lawsuit.

Stefanie Lambert was barred from representing Byrne, a prominent funder of adherents of election misinformation, in a $1.6 billion damages lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems, the target of false attacks over former president Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya of Washington disqualified Lambert over violations beginning last March with her disclosure of Dominion emails to a county sheriff in southwestern Michigan and to a court filing in her own criminal case in Michigan, despite a court order requiring that records in the defamation case be kept confidential. …”

Back