Kraken /J6 Catch-all

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 23
  • Views: 528
Wow

D.C. prosecutor accused of misconduct at trials of anti-Trump protesters​

A police detective is also named in charging documents as helping the prosecutor selectively edit videos to support conspiracy charges.

"... A federal prosecutor who oversaw sweeping arrests of anti-Trump demonstrators in the nation’s capital manipulated evidence alongside a D.C. police detective in an apparent attempt to strengthen the case, according to an office that investigates misconduct complaints against attorneys in the District.

Jennifer Kerkhoff Muyskens, who has since left the U.S. attorney’s office for D.C., worked with a detective, Greggory Pemberton, to edit video of people planning protests of the president’s 2017 inauguration, and later falsely told the court about it, the D.C.’s Office of Disciplinary Counsel alleges.

... The disciplinary counsel alleges that Pemberton and Muyskens altered evidence that was central to the government’s case against the demonstrators. The pair excised portions of a protest planning meeting discussing nonviolence to bolster claims of conspiracy, thereby depriving defendants of evidence to counter the charges, the complaint states. The documents also allege Muyskens and Pemberton initially hid the video’s origins. The material came from Project Veritas, a conservative activist group that uses secret recordings to target the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups. ..."

This should get so much more attention than it will. I know we equate MAGA to fascist regimes in history too easily, and I’ve been guilty of that myself. But this is straight out of late 1930s Germany, and as much as the GOP may whine about weaponization, there’s no remote equivalent on the left.

Back