London Breed: No more excuses, no more apologies. SF won’t tolerate encampments any longer

• Thread starter Thread starter NCK9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 24
  • Views: 613
Homeless issue is unreal-it's huge. I don't have a link but I think SF spends like a billion dollars a year on it-and they have to regroup
I mean what homeless person moves to Omaha?

I do eviction defense in the Bay Area - nonprofit legal aid attorney. Homelessness is not just folks with addiction issues and mental illness (although there are a LOT of folks that meet those criteria). I am representing families who the economy has left behind or who fell on hard times, also folks that have been paying their rent but the landlords want to evict them to raise the rent or simply because they don't like them (insert Race/Sexual Orientation/Age/Disability/Etc). And sometimes the best I can do is get them a few months to move. Even then, a good number of them will end up homeless. It is horrifying. Our economy and society are not built to take care of these folks. And that is shameful.

Last edited:
I do eviction defense in the Bay Area - nonprofit legal aid attorney. Homelessness is not just folks with addiction issues and mental illness (although there are a LOT of folks that meet those criteria). I am representing families who the economy has left behind or who fell on hard times, also folks that have been paying their rent but the landlords want to evict them to raise the rent or simply because they don't like them (insert Race/Sexual Orientation/Age/Disability/Etc). And sometimes the best I can do is get them a few months to move. Even then, a good number of them will end up homeless. It is horrifying. Our economy and society are not built to take care of these folks. And that is shameful.
Thank you for the work you do.

Sometimes your job must be a grind
Let that feed you not defeat you!!

Back