Mark Robinson thread | Report - Pressure on Robinson to drop out?

I’m starting to wonder if the NCGQP won’t try to force Robinson out of the race. If Trump is going to pretend Robinson no longer exists then he’s got no chance to beat Stein. Especially with potential legal issues hanging over his head. Defrauding hungry children is a bridge too far even for most MAGAts.
You gotta draw the line somewhere.

Defrauding cancer-stricken kids is ok, but defrauding hungry kids is outta bounds.

I "think" this family business should not be a focus of attack ads yet . There so much to crticize Robinson on..Lets see where the "investigation " goes before we start smearing the guys wife and family-as "fair " as that would be..Mark has been sitting in rawlee while the wife runs the business

Too crazy for MAGA?

No Such Thing GIFs | Tenor

I am realtively knowlegebale about the requirements for Mrs Robinsons business My ex ran a small daycare and I was on the Board -for a long time-of a Central NC outfit that administered Smart Start , NC SS subsidies and the Nutrition reimbusements among other things . We had about a dozen employees-won "lots "of awards
It is absolutely not Rocket science. To screw up this bad-well it looks "fraudulent

Last edited:
This is an area where the impulse to think "the bureaucrats who dole out the money needed to actually run this program have no idea how this sort of operation--that actually helps those in need--really works" is all but overwhelming. Once that thought comes into your mind, it's time to take a long, hard look at what corners you have been cutting.

You gotta draw the line somewhere.

Defrauding cancer-stricken kids is ok, but defrauding hungry kids is outta bounds.

I hope you're right about Robinson having no chance. I fear that he has a better chance than many suspect, especially if Trump carries NC by a comfortable margin. His social and religious views are right up the alley of many rural NC pubs. I'm hoping that enough suburban voters across the state are put off by his crazy comments and beliefs that they'll vote for Stein.

I "think" this family business should not be a focus of attack ads yet . There so much to crticize Robinson on..Lets see where the "investigation " goes before we start smearing the guys wife and family-as "fair " as that would be..Mark has been sitting in rawlee while the wife runs the business
The nonprofit, whether Robinson was running it himself or not, defrauding the state out of six figures has to be fair game. There’s only so many times Stein can hit Robinson on his loony abortion comments.

Cooper wouldn’t be VP until 1/20/25 and I think the new governor would be inaugurated before that.
The North Carolina governor is sworn in on the the January 1st after the election. So Robinson will not be governor even if Cooper is the VP nominee and Cooper's ticket wins. Unless Robinson wins the election.

"...state regulators received a complaint claiming that Precious Beginnings “has been using the oven for heating as the gas had been cut off for a period of time. The lights in the daycare have been cut off several times. It is unknown if the daycare has running water at this time.”

"...state regulators received a complaint claiming that Precious Beginnings “has been using the oven for heating as the gas had been cut off for a period of time. The lights in the daycare have been cut off several times. It is unknown if the daycare has running water at this time.”

Wow Surprises me the NC DEMs had the guts to do it I like it

Wow Surprises me the NC DEMs had the guts to do it I like it
If there is one thing that seems to be different about this year's Democrats (both at the state and national levels) it's that they are being much more aggressive and blunt on social media and television and radio ads in attacking Republicans and calling out their scams and controversial statements and behavior. A tactic which is long past due, imo. Democrats need to be hammering Republicans on their weirdness and controversial statements and actions. And if they whine and complain, then so be it.

Trump has a different black friend. He doesn't need more than one.
I read this as a joke, not a literal statement about Trump’s friendship with other races, but for discussion purposes, in the spirit of sensitive and yet wide-ranging dialog, I wanted folks to consider how this could be viewed as inviting negative racial stereotype responses.

I read this as a joke, not a literal statement about Trump’s friendship with other races, but for discussion purposes, in the spirit of sensitive and yet wide-ranging dialog, I wanted folks to consider how this could be viewed as inviting negative racial stereotype responses.
Dang nyc, you're flexin' those modmuscles on me.

Finally saw the first attack ads from Stein focusing on the terrible cond

Turning Around GIF by Max

. . . Democrats need to be hammering Republicans on their weirdness and controversial statements.

Bonus points for using the word "weird" or any of it's variations. Counting the two Obama Administrations, it's been nearly sixteen years of Democrats fumbling around for a simple concept that so perfectly and concisely describes "Today's GOP!" These are not simple, humble, salt of the Earth people. These very deeply and profoundly weird people. These are people that if you saw them talking to your child at a playground, you would run, not walk--but run, over and intervene.

Bonus points for using the word "weird" or any of it's variations. Counting the two Obama Administrations, it's been nearly sixteen years of Democrats fumbling around for a simple concept that so perfectly and concisely describes "Today's GOP!" These are not simple, humble, salt of the Earth people. These very deeply and profoundly weird people. These are people that if you saw them talking to your child at a playground, you would run, not walk--but run, over and intervene.
I've always thought that Steve Bannon looks like one of those stereotypically seedy, pervert old men in dirty trenchcoats who stand around on street corners exposing themselves to kids and other passerby. And several other members of Trump's first administration, like Stephen Miller, look and even sound like villains you'd expect to see in a Bond film.

Back