Media Coverage of Politics & Elections

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 55
  • Views: 1K
  • Politics 
CNN is just so complicit now. Look at how they phrase these two: The economy on a knife's edge? TF??? And "a tightening race?" Please. The race tightened 7 weeks ago. Welcome to the party.

1725626684921.png

CNN is just so complicit now. Look at how they phrase these two: The economy on a knife's edge? TF??? And "a tightening race?" Please. The race tightened 7 weeks ago. Welcome to the party.

1725626684921.png
Slate's Political podcast latest episode is entitled:

The “Why Isn’t Harris Doing Better?” Edition​

NYT Friday: "Tax Policy becomes a Fault line for Harris as she breaks from Biden"

NYT Sunday: "The problem with Kamala is she not different enough from Biden"

I get all that, but that blurb from Michael Gold was on their live blog of the debate, which is for online subscribers only, is not a headlined story, and requires something of a deep dive into their election coverage.

My guess is the vast majority of the readers a) either know that Trump's position is insane or b) are willfully blind to that and sanewashing doesn't at all matter.

Forgot that I had even snipped this earth shattering story/headline from my Yahoo news feed last week. I don't click on the trash stories in my news feed (here's looking at you New York Post), so if there's an actually story here, could someone in the know explain it.

Screenshot 2024-09-06 055615.png

"...
  • Partisan outlets have wide gaps in viewership: Democrats are 23 percentage points more likely to watch CNN while Republicans are 23 points more likely to watch Fox News.
  • The most frequent news consumption happens on social media: Half of Democrats (51%) and Republicans (52%) said they turned to social media for news at least once a day, more frequently than any other news source.
  • Republicans have far less confidence in the news media than Democrats: Three in five (63%) of Democrats say they have ”a lot” or “some” confidence in the news media, while just 38% of Republicans say the same. ..."

Back