Men’s College Basketball Catch-All

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 92
  • Views: 2K
  • Sports 
I read that he made an unauthorized video of sex with his gf. I have my doubts about the ChatGPT story, because everyone is using ChatGPT these days.
I would think if that was the case, then a police report would have been filed, right? Also, I think a situation like that would have led to an immediate suspension and not a wait and see approach from the staff. The term paper one seems more likely because of the honor court being involved and him being suspended from school, resulting in the team having to suspend him for the year rather than other punishments.

I have a very hard time seeing how it's because he used AI. Huge numbers of students are doing that RN, it's an avalanche.

Somebody said we could pick him up in the portal next year lol

I have a very hard time seeing how it's because he used AI. Huge numbers of students are doing that RN, it's an avalanche.

Somebody said we could pick him up in the portal next year lol
I asked chatgpt to do a character count of some text for a typing graphic I was making the other day. When i went to animate it, it didn't come out right. I manually counted the characters and chatgpt was off by 19. I still don't know how it screwed up, it didn't mis-count spaces, or punctation or any combo of that. It was just wrong. Not sure I would trust it with a term paper.

I asked chatgpt to do a character count of some text for a typing graphic I was making the other day. When i went to animate it, it didn't come out right. I manually counted the characters and chatgpt was off by 19. I still don't know how it screwed up, it didn't mis-count spaces, or punctation or any combo of that. It was just wrong. Not sure I would trust it with a term paper.

You might have to edit it a bit, but it can write a kick ass term paper.

It's been reported that he can return to school for the Spring Semester but can't rejoin the team until the 2025/26 season. My guess is that he transfers.

That's not really what ChatGPT was designed to do. It's a language model.

I used to have fun with my 9 year old using the image generator DALL-E. We used to ask it things like "draw the album cover for an album called Coal For You from a heavy metal band called Santa is Evil." Usually the images were decent to good; sometimes they were amazing. But most of the words were misspelled. It would be like "CAOLL FOR YUO." That's because DALL-E draws images. The system basically takes a lot of visual noise and gradually changes the pixel patterns to get closer and closer to the goal (as it understands it). The system is designed to create visual continuity between different regions of the image. It wasn't designed for lexical continuity. Maybe it's been improved; I don't really know.

I suspect that the word count feature or the character count feature of ChatGPT is similar. ChatGPT is designed to answer the question, "given the set of words already given to me, what should the next word be?" That's how it works. Character count is something different.

I would think if that was the case, then a police report would have been filed, right? Also, I think a situation like that would have led to an immediate suspension and not a wait and see approach from the staff. The term paper one seems more likely because of the honor court being involved and him being suspended from school, resulting in the team having to suspend him for the year rather than other punishments.
not necessarily on a police report being filed for an unauthorized sex tape - someone could opt to report that just to the honor court rather than UNC police or CHPD.

the honor court handles non-academic stuff, too.

Oh damn...if I was still in Little Rock I'd definitely be at that Memphis game as it's only a 2 hour drive. But now that I'm 4 hours away, I don't know if I want to make that drive...

Back