Michelle Morrow -NC GOP Secretary of Ed Candidate, Lunatic

• Thread starter Thread starter theel4life
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 43
  • Views: 1K
  • Politics 
NC GOP just puts forward nut after complete nut for people to vote on. Even with MAGA dominance of their Party, it seems there would be a lot of people that find it ridiculous and demand better candidates. Clearly that’s not the case.
NC's Pub nominees for Governor (Robinson), AG (Bishop), and SecEd (Morrow) would be a strong contender for the #1 seed in an interstate competition for most far-right extremist trio. Sad state of affairs for the NC GQP.

NC's Pub nominees for Governor (Robinson), AG (Bishop), and SecEd (Morrow) would be a strong contender for the #1 seed in an interstate competition for most far-right extremist trio. Sad state of affairs for the NC GQP.
And unfortunately for many races most voters don’t know much about the individual candidate, so they just vote for the Party they prefer. There are plenty of races where that’s true of me and I pay more attention to politics than do most voters.

Very true. I had no idea how crazy this woman is. So I know many Republicans that will vote for her without knowing anything about her.

There are reasonable people that are very much in denial. They vote Trump while holding their noses, and would never vote Dem. But they have no idea that his crazy is all the way down the ticket. It is a new weird party.

And unfortunately for many races most voters don’t know much about the individual candidate, so they just vote for the Party they prefer. There are plenty of races where that’s true of me and I pay more attention to politics than do most voters.
And without the Party affiliation I have no clue about most of the Judges I moved to Wake county a couple years ago-I have no clue . I should be barred from voting on some of these races

Just saw a Michelle Morrow yard sign and came home to find this thread. That lady is batshit crazy. It is a shame she didn't find her way into a jail cell like so many of her brainwashed companions have done.

She literally lost a landslide vote for school board in Wake County to someone in their 20's because she is so nuts. That means they run her for state superintendent????

She literally lost a landslide vote for school board in Wake County to someone in their 20's because she is so nuts. That means they run her for state superintendent????
Morrow beat the incumbent Republican Sec’y of Education Catherine Truitt in the primary somehow.

Morrow beat the incumbent Republican Sec’y of Education Catherine Truitt in the primary somehow.
And Truitt is no fan of public ed herself, which makes her defeat to Morrow even more disturbing. I actually think Morrow is going to win unless Green somehow raises enough cash to fund some major ads on television and social media and radio pointing out just what lunatic she really is, because as others have mentioned most voters simply don't pay attention to these races and just vote for the magic (R) next to their name. Even if Stein wins, if she gets elected it's simply going to be a nightmare for NC public education, no question.

My thoughts on Michelle Morrow are not that the public at large is uninformed about her BSC positions, but that she would be disaster for 1-12 public education in North Carolina. I believe that a majority of Republicans in North Carolona believe that public education was and continues to be a mistake and Ms. Morrow is a means by which that mistake can be corrected.

For Republicans, Ms. Morrow's looney tune ideas about education are not flaws that need to be exposed in order to educate the public, they are features that will turn out the occasional Republican voters. Any campaign against Ms Morrow has to ignore Republican voters and focus in both getting Democratic voters to the polls and getting those voters to the polls whose children will be most impacted by the "changes" she, with the backing of veto proof majorities in both Houses of the Legislature and the Supreme Court, will implement.

The vision the GOP has for North Carolina is a return an all but in name version of slavery were education will not be wasted on those who will never be allowed to rise above the station in life into which they were born.

My thoughts on Michelle Morrow are not that the public at large is uninformed about her BSC positions, but that she would be disaster for 1-12 public education in North Carolina. I believe that a majority of Republicans in North Carolona believe that public education was and continues to be a mistake and Ms. Morrow is a means by which that mistake can be corrected.

For Republicans, Ms. Morrow's looney tune ideas about education are not flaws that need to be exposed in order to educate the public, they are features that will turn out the occasional Republican voters. Any campaign against Ms Morrow has to ignore Republican voters and focus in both getting Democratic voters to the polls and getting those voters to the polls whose children will be most impacted by the "changes" she, with the backing of veto proof majorities in both Houses of the Legislature and the Supreme Court, will implement.

The vision the GOP has for North Carolina is a return an all but in name version of slavery were education will not be wasted on those who will never be allowed to rise above the station in life into which they were born.
There are plenty of Republicans in rural areas who continue to rely on public education. Dems need to plaster Morrow’s positions across the airwaves.

Why is there nothing from the NC Dem party on this race? I mean I have known about it, but there are no ads, no even social posts that are going around.
Ads for down ballot races aren’t going to start until later. People just aren’t paying attention right now, so there’s no point wasting money on ads for a low profile race rn.

Ads for down ballot races aren’t going to start until later. People just aren’t paying attention right now, so there’s no point wasting money on ads for a low profile race rn.
Good point. You would think they could do some social though. That's free. But yeah until mid september there is no point in blasting $$ ads. Stein is holding back a bit as well until after Labor Day

Why is there nothing from the NC Dem party on this race? I mean I have known about it, but there are no ads, no even social posts that are going around.
Agreed, and I mentioned that earlier. My guess is that it's because Green simply doesn't have the funds to run any ads, but the NC Democratic Party certainly has the money. He's simply got to start running lots of ads to introduce himself to voters and even more to point out what a genuine nutcase his opponent is. Otherwise he's likely going to lose.

I don't know - in a race like this it might be good to run some ads over the summer to introduce yourself and start framing your opponent as early as possible. I just hope that Green has enough money in the fall to run a lot of ads.

Back