People really don’t like Trump

The Republican Party of our time is ideologically locked into fascism, and we have seen what some have called the legal phase of fascism gain ground over many years now. All of this is going nowhere regardless of whether the Democratic Party wins this November.
My hope is that one Trump is out of the political scene, however that occurs, that fascism within the Republican Party will splinter behind different new leaders into smaller groups that can't fully regain all the power that Trump alone controls. If that happens, it could allow the non-fascist minority with the Republican Party to have some chance of having decent influence within the party again and/or allow Dems to more significantly impact the overall national political discussion.

My hope is that one Trump is out of the political scene, however that occurs, that fascism within the Republican Party will splinter behind different new leaders into smaller groups that can't fully regain all the power that Trump alone controls. If that happens, it could allow the non-fascist minority with the Republican Party to have some chance of having decent influence within the party again and/or allow Dems to more significantly impact the overall national political discussion.
It certainly seems as though the GOP will implode into factionalism. Except for Trump, there is nothing holding the various factions together, which is probably one reason that so many GOP meetings end in fist fights and claims of election fraud. Like, they are so gone that they can't even respect their own election outcomes!

In most parties, cohesion is a function of shared values and a shared reality. The GOP has no values. It has no shared understanding of reality. It has only the instinct to demonize political foes, which becomes awkward when those foes are in the same party.

I hope you guys don’t seriously think your media will tell you the biggest threat is gone when Trump dies. Hell, they were gearing up to paint Ron DeSantis as a more evil version of Trump if his campaign didn’t fall flat on its face.

Trust me, the next threat will always be portrayed as the biggest threat imaginable.

Your media meaning ppl you despise on this site?

If Harris wins in 90’ish days, it’ll be very interesting what happens with the Republican Party. Between then and 2028, does Trump go away…natural causes, prison, abandoned by the party after back-to-back losses?

A cult doesn’t really function when a clear successor is known, so there isn’t anyone who is obvious next-in-line. I’m not sure a more traditional, non-MAGA like Haley, Youngkin or Kemp will rally the crazies enough to stand out.

I never truly hated anyone, not even Nixon, until Trump came along. He is such a vile POS. I wake up every morning hoping to hear he is no longer with us. I want to live long enough to urinate on his grave and I'm running out of time.
Don't hurt your butt too bad when you sit down to do that.

Sometimes people just make it too easy 😂

Appreciate it - sarcastic or not, I am happy to be here.
lol I mean I guess it seems easy when your sense of humor is essentially "90s era South Park."

(To be clear it was a combination of sincerity and sarcasm - I find you pretty detestable personally but it's good to have people of varying opinions here, no matter how immature and ill-formed those opinions are.)

Every Democrat is a left-of-Bernie Sanders communist Marxist pedophile groomer who wants to turn every child transgender. Every Republican is a fascist who wants to end American democracy once and for all and make us the 2024 version of Nazi Germany. The apocalyptic rhetoric from the extremist fringes of both parties is nauseating.
There's no doubt democrats who believe that every republican is a fascist, but that percentage pails in comparison of republicans who think democrats are evil, godless pedophiles. Their whole identity is promoting fear and anger, and that fire has to continue to burn.

I never truly hated anyone, not even Nixon, until Trump came along. He is such a vile POS. I wake up every morning hoping to hear he is no longer with us. I want to live long enough to urinate on his grave and I'm running out of time.
Oakwood_Raleigh_Helms.JPG
I am not going to tell you where the grave is.

Oakwood_Raleigh_Helms.JPG
I am not going to tell you where the grave is.
I remember going on a school field trip to the State legislature. Jesse Helms made time to meet with my class, which I thought was pretty cool at the time, likely because we went to a private Christian school. I had no idea about his politics or politics in general because I was probably 9 years old. Only many years later did I realize that this was but a small part of the "indoctrination" process that conservatives breathlessly decry and attempt to project onto our public school system.

Every Democrat is a left-of-Bernie Sanders communist Marxist pedophile groomer who wants to turn every child transgender. Every Republican is a fascist who wants to end American democracy once and for all and make us the 2024 version of Nazi Germany. The apocalyptic rhetoric from the extremist fringes of both parties is nauseating.
I think it's a mistake to assume it's just fringe stuff. Given how many Thanksgivings are going to blow up over this I don't think it's accurate to say it's the fringes.

I agree with you that there are, and will be, republicans that continue to spout Trump’s bs - and many will have a much more polished veneer than Drumpf. And, there’sa large percentage of the Republican base that will vote for any of the above because of the magic R.

The real question is will the MAGA members that didn’t vote until Trump continue to turn out or will they go back to their basements? If they continue to show up, every election will be a vote to save democracy. If not, MAGA candidates will never win another national election and may struggle in statewide elections.
Love your moniker. I spent many hours swilling brews and reading bathroom graffiti there.

I'm not sure anyone on the scene now will be able to capture the messianic allure of Trump. I'm not sure MAGA will accept a pale imitation. They'll just crawl under a rock and wait for Trump's resurrection.

I hope you guys don’t seriously think your media will tell you the biggest threat is gone when Trump dies. Hell, they were gearing up to paint Ron DeSantis as a more evil version of Trump if his campaign didn’t fall flat on its face.

Trust me, the next threat will always be portrayed as the biggest threat imaginable.
"...gearing up to..." ha! But I will agree: "the next threat will always be (rightly) portrayed as the biggest threat" as long as it is Trump and Maga motivated.

There's no doubt democrats who believe that every republican is a fascist, but that percentage pails in comparison of republicans who think democrats are evil, godless pedophiles. Their whole identity is promoting fear and anger, and that fire has to continue to burn.
For proof of that just read the posts on the old ZZLP over its final two weeks. The bile, bitterness, and resentments spewed forth towards board liberals (most of whom had already left the board for here) was truly something to behold.

Last edited:
I wonder if the lab-grown Trump will be effective. Isn't Trump's buffoonery part of his appeal? They like him because he spouts lies and never knows what he's talking about.
Several streams of types of supporters have merged into the Trump cult, and I think the faction that loves his sheer boorishness is perhaps one of the least consequential. These billionaires are folded into the group in a more important way:

To the idea of a lab-grown version, the fear one has is of a kind of transition that might be very roughly akin to that between L Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige (if you know details of what I reference here). Scientology cultists enthusiastically and smoothly transitioned to a new and darker leader, with a different scope of effectiveness--meaning thought control. The disanalogy is that world is an internalized cult enclosure, and to some extent this modern Republican Party has problems with both the shaky remains of democracy and internal infighting. As I say above, the power they current hold is with past court rulings.

This is indeed a hopeful viewpoint. I think the Q-anon types invariably are fracture prone, while the hyper rich and the Christo-fascist elements may make for a better running engine. I think the ruck of Trump flag in the front yard types will follow the wishes of the latter groups. We have seen the banished leper colony of Mitt Romney, Liz Chaney and the like, and they just hold no power, no influence, and seem to have no future now. I admit that politics can always shift unexpectedly though.

Back