• Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K

nycfan

Curator/Moderator
ZZL Supporter

Men’s soccer today — France v USA Pool A 3:30 pm ET

Rugby today USA v Fiji 2:30 pm ET

Ever since Athens, I no longer expect us to be a shoo-in favorite in men's hoops. Aside from recent close games, how does the rest of the field look this year? Haven't followed closely but I assume the Slavic nations are up there.

Only 12 teams in the competition

Canada top players: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Jamal Murray, RJ Barrett, Dillon Brooks, Lu Dort

France: Nic Batum, Rudy Gobert, Evan Fournier, Victor Wembanyama

Serbia: Nikola Jokic, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Filip Petrusev, Ognjen Dobric

Germany has less well known European pro who have played together a long time.

Australia: Dyson Daniels, Josh Giddey, Joe Ingles, Jock Landale, Patty Mills, Josh Green

Greece: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nick Calathes, Georgios Papagiannis

I have Rugby 7s on now. All the games were close. Then New Zealand showed up...holy crap Japan is a top 10 team and the All Blacks just made them look like children.

USMNU23T was looking good. But France just scored twice and we keep hitting the post thinking that's the object.

Team USA had a rocky start yesterday, losing to France 0-3 in soccer & losing to Fiji 12-38 in Rugby Sevens.

But we did tie France 12-12 in Rugby Sevens — I guess you play twice in a day? Seems brutal.

Rugby Sevens continue today with one more pool play game and starting seeded matches.

Team USA women face Zambia in soccer.

Opening Ceremony is tomorrow.

Only 12 teams in the competition

Canada top players: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Jamal Murray, RJ Barrett, Dillon Brooks, Lu Dort

France: Nic Batum, Rudy Gobert, Evan Fournier, Victor Wembanyama

Serbia: Nikola Jokic, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Filip Petrusev, Ognjen Dobric

Germany has less well known European pro who have played together a long time.

Australia: Dyson Daniels, Josh Giddey, Joe Ingles, Jock Landale, Patty Mills, Josh Green

Greece: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nick Calathes, Georgios Papagiannis
France is soon going to be the best team in the world, or at least right up there with the U.S. I mean, the last two #1 picks and this year's #2 pick are French, (and one more lottery pick last year) and they have more players in the pipeline. I think they have projected lottery picks for the next two drafts. And Wemby is going to be the best player in the world.

Fairly certain that the best soccer player in the world and the best basketball player have never been from the same country. That will change if Mbappe can hold off Yamal for at least two or three more years.

Rugby Sevens continue today with one more pool play game and starting seeded matches.

Team USA women face Zambia in soccer.

Opening Ceremony is tomorrow.

I can't believe South Africa beat New Zealand... The all blacks started so slowly and it cost them

I’ll be traveling to Paris at the end of August for work. Wife and I will be taking a TVG train to Geneva for a few days. Hopefully no other train shenanigans occur.

I have no objections but curious how was Snoop selected for this honor?

Last edited:
I have no objections but curious how Snoop was selected for this honor?
He’s in Paris as part of the NBC Olympic broadcast team.

NBC and the Paris Olympics are figuring that bringing in celebrities as part of the broadcast team will increase visibility and viewership.

It’s not been announced, but I bet that NBC, Paris Olympics, and the IOC agreed that having an international superstar like Snoop would get more eyeballs than some obscure French celebrity or athlete.

Back