Terror in Europe

I'm sure this won't help in assuaging the anti-immigration sentiments in Germany and throughout Europe. Or the US for that matter.

What's the point of making a thread about this?
To show the criminal has been arrested.
I lived in Germany for several years and follow the news regularly. Serious issues.

What's your point in questioning it? You can always ignore me.

To show the criminal has been arrested.
I lived in Germany for several years and follow the news regularly. Serious issues.

What's your point in questioning it? You can always ignore me.

So we gonna start a thread now for every criminal who's been arrested in every country we've ever lived in?

So we gonna start a thread now for every criminal who's been arrested in every country we've ever lived in?
Just ignore if you don't like the news. If you care to learn, here's more

Just ignore if you don't like the news. If you care to learn, here's more

I'm not going to ignore it.

And it's not that I "don't like it"...it's that I'm genuinely wondering what the point is.

I lived in Sheffield England for a year. Do you want me to post crimes from there? In what world is that relevant to anything at all?

I don't think you're an idiot. It would make more sense if you were trying some backhanded Islamophobia with the "Syrian" part. I guess my two choices in evaluating this thread are "stupid/irrelevant" or "racist"

I'm sure this won't help in assuaging the anti-immigration sentiments in Germany and throughout Europe. Or the US for that matter.
But it will help with the anti-gun messaging. A terrorist who was only able to kill 3 people and injure 8 more because he only had a knife instead of an automatic weapon.

I'm not going to ignore it.

And it's not that I "don't like it"...it's that I'm genuinely wondering what the point is.

I lived in Sheffield England for a year. Do you want me to post crimes from there? In what world is that relevant to anything at all?

I don't think you're an idiot. It would make more sense if you were trying some backhanded Islamophobia with the "Syrian" part. I guess my two choices in evaluating this thread are "stupid/irrelevant" or "racist"
I don't post things on just, "crimes." This is something more. Terrorism is a real concern in Germany and other parts of Europe because of their support of Israel. This is more than a crime. Much like when some ass hat racist kills someone because of their race, it's called a hate crime. It goes beyond "just a crime."

Would it help you if I re-titled the thread, "Terrorism in Europe?" Could I then have your blessing to post on a political message board?

I don't post things on just, "crimes." This is something more. Terrorism is a real concern in Germany and other parts of Europe because of their support of Israel. This is more than a crime. Much like when some ass hat racist kills someone because of their race, it's called a hate crime. It goes beyond "just a crime."

Would it help you if I re-titled the thread, "Terrorism in Europe?" Could I then have your blessing to post on a political message board?

You can title the thread anything you want, and you don't need my blessing to post whatever you want. But by the same token quit sniveling when people wonder why this is a threadworthy event.

ISIL claimed it, but it seems pretty sketchy at this point

Last edited:
You can title the thread anything you want, and you don't need my blessing to post whatever you want. But by the same token quit sniveling when people wonder why this is a threadworthy event.

ISIL claimed it, but it seems pretty sketchy at this point
no one but you is questioning it TS.

no one but you is questioning it TS.
I’m someone who wonders why the news tells us about a crime in Virginia or Los Angeles or even in Charlotte (I’m in Chapel Hill).

If it’s a Manson-level crime or a mass shooting or a $5+ million robbery, I get why it’s news and we hear about it.

A crime in Germany? Maybe. Maybe not.

One reason Americans think crime is so rampant, frequent, and violent is they hear about crimes from hundreds/thousands of miles away and think similar crimes are happening locally. Another reason is, to misquote the great George Carlin, “Think how stupid the average person is; now remember half the population is dumber than that guy.”

If it bleeds, it leads.

Back