The Nothing Thread

My problem is just them not listening at night or getting a bit rowdy. I really love telling them goodnight, and most nights we do an “Adventure Story,” which is me making up ongoing stories of the three of them going on adventures in a fantasy world, and I really enjoy doing that with them.

But I get so frustrated sometimes and it puts me in a bad mood where I just don’t have the energy and imagination to do it.

It doesn’t help that my wife had a (surrogacy) baby five weeks ago and usually feels crappy at night still and doesn’t like to use the stairs, so while we’re usually a pretty good tag team it’s mostly been 3 on 1 for a while, since well before the delivery.
That is tough--tough. Babies are magical-don't forget it. I am was not real good at it!!!

Arabs and Mayans were the first to come up with mathematical zero and independently from one another.

BTW: Greetings from Guatemala the Land of The Maya.

My problem is just them not listening at night or getting a bit rowdy. I really love telling them goodnight, and most nights we do an “Adventure Story,” which is me making up ongoing stories of the three of them going on adventures in a fantasy world, and I really enjoy doing that with them.

But I get so frustrated sometimes and it puts me in a bad mood where I just don’t have the energy and imagination to do it.

It doesn’t help that my wife had a (surrogacy) baby five weeks ago and usually feels crappy at night still and doesn’t like to use the stairs, so while we’re usually a pretty good tag team it’s mostly been 3 on 1 for a while, since well before the delivery.
I have a 5yo and 7yo and we have the same experience at my house. I just want them to be calm, stop whining and go the f to bed. But nope, every night is a battle. Drives me bonkers. Now that being said, a good friend of mine just lost her 18 yo son in a tragic accident and is devastated. That (somewhat) helped me put things in perspective. As they say… little people, little problems.

I have a 5yo and 7yo and we have the same experience at my house. I just want them to be calm, stop whining and go the f to bed. But nope, every night is a battle. Drives me bonkers. Now that being said, a good friend of mine just lost her 18 yo son in a tragic accident and is devastated. That (somewhat) helped me put things in perspective. As they say… little people, little problems.
So sorry to hear about your friend’s terrible loss. I can’t imagine having to go through that.
On a lighter note, I have the same t-shirt you have. It just comes with the territory. Also we all need to remember that we pulled the same shit on our parents.

Well, we'll see how this one goes. I've forgotten which of y'all are absolute assholes and which are absolutely Very Cool and Interesting. I occupy both categories, myself :P
I'm an absolutely very cool and interesting old asshole. Hey, monkey!

SJSU...yeah, I was with her for a long time but that shit blew up spectacularly after I found out that she was married and had an "open relationship" but neglected to tell me this minor detail.

7534666d54f8ccda51dcaac35d30097a.gif

Well, we'll see how this one goes. I've forgotten which of y'all are absolute assholes and which are absolutely Very Cool and Interesting. I occupy both categories, myself :P

I know you remember that I'm one of the assholes

Last edited:
Ha no no. Thanks though. I turn 40 next June and I'm currently single. Mid life crisis type things popping up left and right. Think I'm just getting older 👴

June what? (I'm June 6)

I was single when I turned 40 too. Life sure can slap us around sometimes

This morning…Hello World.
I saw the photo and briefly wondered, is that Mt. Fuji? Then I looked at what side of the street the cars were driving on and realized, "That ain't Japan." Attached is the first time I saw Mt. Fuji.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240730_143839_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240730_143839_Gallery.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 7
Arabs and Mayans were the first to come up with mathematical zero and independently from one another.
Newton and Leibniz invented (discovered??) calculus independently of each other at more or less the same time...

They "get it" that mom is kind of out her usual self---they are all freaking geniuses when it comes to such things---!!!!

BTW: Greetings from Guatemala the Land of The Maya.
Everybody has known about the mathematical zero forever. I think what you are talking about is the numerical representation of zero as a digit in a larger number. That was invented in India in the 5th century. As the Mayans' contact with and awareness of India was surely zero, their subsequent invention was indeed independent. I don't know how Arabs would have invented it independently. There was plenty of exchange of ideas between India and the Arab world.

Back