UNC Football Catch-All Thread | Week 4 - James Madison @ UNC (Noon ACCN)

• Thread starter Thread starter Croatoan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 665
  • Views: 8K
  • UNC Sports 

Croatoan

Exceptional Member
ZZL Supporter
NOTE IF YOU ARE VISITING THIS THREAD FOR THE FIRST TIME: UNC preseason and each UNC game are in this aggregated UNC football thread. There is a note below telling you how far to skip ahead for a new week’s game chatter.

WEEK 2 POSTS BEGIN ON PAGE 21

— Original Thread Post Below —

Don’t see one, don’t remember one, might not want one.

But if we are going to have one, I’m saying we lose to Minnesota this week, something like 28-17. I think we have better skill and more “talent”, just don’t believe in either of our lines or our ability to win match-ups like this, on the road especially. Maybe some of you are more positive about this team, this game, and this season.

MOD NOTE — renaming for clarity. Goal is to have just one active UNC Football discussion thread. I also started a catch-all for the rest of college football.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to another 7-5 season and hoping to sweep the neighborhood...Charlotte,NCCU, dook**,wake, and ncst

I’ve got us at 8-4/9-3 pending the outcome of the Minnesota game, which I think is our closest tossup game, at least on paper. Until I see us actually beat teams like Georgia Tech and NC State that have our number because they play with more physicality and want-to than we do, those are losses to me. Despite them looking underwhelming in the opener yesterday, I still have the Florida State game on the road as a loss. I also think that games at Duke, at Virginia, and at Boston College will be no walk in the park for us, despite the fact that we out talent each of those teams significantly up and down the roster.

Until I see us actually beat teams like Georgia Tech and NC State that have our number because they play with more physicality and want-to than we do, those are losses to me.
As a former player, to what do you attribute that consistent lack of “want to” our football teams seem to put forward? Do you think it’s fair for fans to judge that from afar, as a general rule?

But if we are going to have one, I’m saying we lose to Minnesota this week, something like 28-17. I think we have better skill and more “talent”, just don’t believe in either of our lines or our ability to win match-ups like this, on the road especially. Maybe some of you are more positive about this team, this game, and this season.
I mean that’s probably a safe prediction.

We SHOULD beat Minnesota, but I am just so used to the team not showing up prepared/focused that I would be at surprise level zero if we got pantsed.

As a former player, to what do you attribute that consistent lack of “want to” our football teams seem to put forward? Do you think it’s fair for fans to judge that from afar, as a general rule?
I’d attribute the lack of “want to” to subpar coaching - in the case of the Tar Heels it’s been since Mack 1.0 that UNC has had a good coaching staff across the board.

It’s ridiculous to say the players “don’t want to play hard.” They’ve been poorly coached - especially on defense, much of special teams, and OL.

The Tar Pit seems to think our OL will be better but I’m not sure why. Willie Lampkin at guard is good but the rest have not played all that much either at their previous school or here. Not to mention the OL coach had health issues and missed the first week of camp. I just think the offense will struggle more than most think.

I think we win 8 if we win Thursday, otherwise its 7 wins. We have an easy schedule, just need to beat some teams we should for a change. I agree about the lack of physicality.

I am all for a sports board. IC has become a cess pool from my perspective.

There's a thread titled ZZLP impact on IC that has turned into a Tar Heel Football thread.

I’m fine with sports threads, I just don’t see a need to segregate them. I think Rock’s prefix plan on the pinned thread is probably a workable compromise, especially if threads are sortable by prefix.

Heading to Minneapolis Wednesday

Braves at Twins weds night
Carolina football Thursday night

My level of excitement last season opener vs this one is so much less, but alas here I am, getting on a plane.

Back