UNC Football Catch-All Thread | Week 4 - James Madison @ UNC (Noon ACCN)

• Thread starter Thread starter Croatoan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 665
  • Views: 8K
  • UNC Sports 
The Hornets were the first "big league" professional team in the Carolinas. I was born and raised in the Charlotte area and spend the first 30 years of my life here. I was living in northern Ohio back in 1988 when the Hornets played their first game ever. It was against the Cleveland Cavaliers so the Cavs broadcast was on local TV and I remember the Cavs announcers commenting on the energy in the building and how crazy the fans were. I've been pulling for them ever since.

When I retired and moved back to Charlotte we bought season tickets within the first month. We didn't renew last year and I don't want to live through the renovation of Spectrum Center this season but we may well renew our tickets next season. It's like being a fan of any other shitty team. It's not a conscious decision, it just happens.

I don't see the point in playing teams like Charlotte, NC Central and James Madison.
Every team plays at least one G5/FCS team every year. Most play two. This is just an odd year where we have three.

The answer has to do with getting a 7th home game. If we just played P5 teams, we’d only have 6 home games a year and there is a financial need to have at least 7 games.

Losing Blascke for any extended time would be really bad for our offense. Hope he’s alright. Great throws by Connor on that drive.

Back