UNC Football Catch-All Thread | Week 4 - James Madison @ UNC (Noon ACCN)

• Thread starter Thread starter Croatoan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 665
  • Views: 8K
  • UNC Sports 
Feels like there’s no playmaking on offense beyond Hampton. A couple drops by receivers. OL looks shaky in pass protection. Max hasn’t really looked good.

Like I said at beginning of year, 9 wins would be a shock for me.
O-Line also looks shaky in run blocking.

28 yards passing, an interception that’s on the QB, and a fumble by the QB that’s reversed by a defensive penalty……

And, a supposed QB battle throughout the Spring and summer and August Pre-season camp……..

And, no sign of playing the “other guy.”

If Max Johnson is that much better than Connor Harrell (and I doubt Mack’s ability to make that call), just put in Criswell and take this loss and hope for the best. This staff obviously had/has doubts about Max Johnson and Connor Harrell; if they didn’t, Criswell wouldn’t be on the team.

Are there any? hopefully none that moved to this board
There were a few that came out of the woodwork in the other CFB thread earlier this week.

Their reasoning was that Mack generated buzz around the program and that we’ve been ranked early in the season a few times lol.

Four yards and no clouds of dust makes for a shitty game regardless of the victor. This is especially ugly in year whatever!

The Tar Pit seems to think our OL will be better but I’m not sure why. Willie Lampkin at guard is good but the rest have not played all that much either at their previous school or here. Not to mention the OL coach had health issues and missed the first week of camp. I just think the offense will struggle more than most think.
I posted this last Sunday, I hate when I’m right.

Offense seems pared down this drive to create shorter opportunities for Max and moving at pace to wind MN.

But we are so reliant on one superior player (Hampton) it is scary.

Cannot move the ball with anything basic/vanilla. Lindsey is going to have to use a lot more to try and win this than I’m sure he wanted to.

Back