WSJ Reporter Gershkovich & Paul Whelan released by Russia in prisoner swap

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 75
  • Views: 1K
Off the golf course and exactly as awful as always. Not even a kind word for the actual hostages …

IMG_2249.jpeg

JD Vance said they are being released because of Trump

Delusion.
So they weren’t released during Trump’s time in office. Nor were they released anytime in the last couple of years when Trump has been favored to win the election. Only when Trump starts self-immolating are they released — because the Russians now fear a new Trump administration?

Any Pubs here want to defend that logic?

Holy crap, they also released Vladimir Kara-Murza?? That's astonishing, considering how anti-Putin he is. He would occasionally appear on Nicolle Wallace's show (and many others on different networks), which I sometimes put on in the afternoon.

“… Among other things, Trump wrote: “Are we releasing murderers, killers, or thugs? Just curious because we never make good deals, at anything, but especially hostage swaps. Our ‘negotiators’ are always an embarrassment to us! I got back many hostages, and gave the opposing Country NOTHING – and never any cash. To do so is bad precedent for the future. That’s the way it should be, or this situation will get worse and worse.”

[The article lists 4 examples of a prisoner exchange by the Trump Admin]

1968 - President L. B. Johnson: "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost Middle America."
2024 - Convicted Felon D. J. Trump: "If I've lost Putin, I've lost right-wing America."

Tearing Up Joe Biden GIF by Obama

Back