2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 54K
  • Politics 

Oh no! lol - he says the cape fear river cleanup is the big issue

No offense, but who is this asshole and why are we giving him clicks/views/attention?

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’m of the opinion this thread (and board) should be discerning about the content brought over here. I’m not just directing this at that particular post, but stuff like this dilutes the actual information shared and can make eyes start to gloss over.

I don't know. i would prefer as few limits as possible. Doxing and any kind of harassment doesn't fly but, other than that, I don't care if we have any.

Yes, this is terribly frivolous but it created a reaction and, I hope, a reasonable discussion. I like digression. They make me think in different ways for a moment or two. While this might be a character defect on my part, I have made some big decisions triggered by unexpected events that weren't related to the event but to something I learned about myself.

Yeah, I know, it's just a message board.

It wasn't overwhelming. I think it was 44-38 for Biden. I think it's as likely to be a race thing as a woman thing (and is probably both), but there's also the additional factor that Kamala doesn't have the same long track record as Biden in this area, and doesn't have the same blue-collar Scranton roots.

I'm not sure Teamsters' endorsements mean much any more. I think the members will probably vote for whom they like, regardless of what the union says. It's like newspaper endorsements -- they used to matter, back when information was much more limited and so people looked to intermediaries like newspapers or unions to guide them. These days? If you think that states are killing babies after birth, who the fuck cares about what your union boss says? You need to vote for Trump! And if you know that's not happening, then you know you need to vote for Trump's opponent since Trump's brain is more mushy than ever.

On the margins, this might make a tiny difference but I doubt it. There are only about 1 million teamsters worldwide. For sake of discussion, let's assume they are all here. That would put maybe 20K teamsters in PA, on the back of my envelope. Maybe 30K. So how many of those votes would be changed by a union endorsement? 5K? That seems pretty high to me. 1K? I mean, I don't know, and obviously 5K isn't nothing. But it's also not likely to be terribly important.
My bad I thought it was 54-38 not 44-38.

No offense, but who is this asshole and why are we giving him clicks/views/attention?

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’m of the opinion this thread (and board) should be discerning about the content brought over here. I’m not just directing this at that particular post, but stuff like this dilutes the actual information shared and can make eyes start to gloss over.
Because it was hilarious. It's pretty clear it isn't something to hang your hat on.

Trump came right out and said that he would fire employees on strike. He praised Elon for it.
They probably think that since they voted for him that they will get promotions instead of shitcanned. And it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Trump didn't try something like that.

Apparently, a majority of Teamsters don’t care.
A great irony/tragedy that the people who have historically benefited the most from unions have been brainwashed into voting for the people trying to crush unions because of culture war issues. They will praise Trump as their savior right up to (and through) the moment that he and his administration force them onto subsistence wages.

The new Fox News national survey finds a 3 percentage-point shift among registered voters in the 2024 presidential contest since mid-August.

Trump had a 1-point advantage last month, while Harris is ahead by 2 points today: 50%-48%.

For reference, in July, Trump was ahead by 1 point over President Biden. Each of those differences falls within the margin of error.

“A new Pan Atlantic Research poll in Maine finds Kamala Harris leading Donald Trump statewide, 50% to 41%.

However, within Maine’s 2nd congressional district — which awards one electoral vote — Trump leads 49% to 42%.”

“A new Pan Atlantic Research poll in Maine finds Kamala Harris leading Donald Trump statewide, 50% to 41%.

However, within Maine’s 2nd congressional district — which awards one electoral vote — Trump leads 49% to 42%.”

Maine’s 2nd District is Alabama and Mississippi with some Arkansas, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Missouri mixed in……if it’s “inland” or “Downeast” (beyond Rockland and Camden - even then, just get beyond Brunswick on the Coastal Route (US 1), and you’re in Trumplicania). Cross the Androscoggin River from Brunswick to Topsham, and you’ve entered Trumplicania).

Twenty years ago, York County (the coastal county that borders New Hampshire and is Maine’s southernmost county) was Republican as hell - Kennebunkport is in York County.

As Wells, Ogunquit, York, etc. gained more year-round residents, it’s become more Liberal - it’s not as Liberal as Cumberland County (Portland and Brunswick)……and move west in Cumberland County and you enter Trumplicania.

Back