2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 55K
  • Politics 
The clown animation is there so they can depict Trump as if he's 20 years younger than he is.

They know they are f'd now with the age issue.
Nah, I like the animation style (don’t disagree with the de-aging benefit), I was specifically referring to part of the animation that quickly changes the person being addressed (pretty certain that is Chuck Schumer) into an actual clown:

IMG_2144.jpeg

IMG_2145.jpeg

IMG_2146.jpeg

Nah, I like the animation style (don’t disagree with the de-aging benefit), I was specifically referring to part of the animation that quickly changes the person being addressed (pretty certain that is Chuck Schumer) into an actual clown:

IMG_2144.jpeg

IMG_2145.jpeg

IMG_2146.jpeg
But the way they use the tie as a totem -- again, it's so weird. At one point, they erase his whole body until there's only a tie, then a head appears above the tie, then the body. I was like WTF? Trump's symbol is a plain red tie? That's the best they could come up with?

"HOPE" "CHANGE" this is not.

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

That's fire, chef.

This one is going to cause some well-done steaks smothered in ketchup to hit the walls at Mar-a-Lago.

Knives out. I feel like there was a psychologist who consulted for the Lincoln Project on putting that ad together (and likely several previous ones as well). The evil master stroke is the double bind with the reverse psychology where Trump can't fire Vance because The Lincoln Project just told him he should, but if he keeps Vance then he's stuck with the pick his handlers forced on him.

In the normal course of affairs, i'm pretty dead set against this type of psychological manipulation, but honestly the Lincoln Project is child's play next the the psyche profiles that Russia, China and every other nations on earth (antagonistic or friendly) have worked up on him.

I think an hugely underrated danger of Trump's first term (and by extension any possible second term) was how easily he's psychologically manipulated (as any egoist is). It's a verifiable national security threat.

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting to see poll impact the next few weeks with VP selection and the DNC.
Trump is going to do crazy trump things but the Dems have the opportunity to strike a clear contrast to the crazy IMO

The fact that the race is essentially tied in the polls in less than a week of it being Harris vs. Trump should be really alarming for the Trump campaign. Harris is likely to get boosts from her VP pick, the DNC, and just in general as she gets out on the campaign Trail with her message of Hope, optimism, and moving forward not backward- the size and significance of those boosts will remain to be seen. Trump, meanwhile, has likely hit his ceiling. In a week’s time we have essentially gone from Trump’s team thinking about what color drapes they want in the Oval to being in a dogfight where the Harris campaign is on the offensive with all the momentum and the Trump campaign is playing defense and reeling. Obviously things will ebb and flow over the next couple of months, and there will be good days and bad days for both campaigns, but the fact that it has become immediately tied in less than a week does not bode well for Team Red.

I was of the opinion that Trump would crush Kamala if she were the candidate. Still plenty of race to run, but she had a good start from the blocks.

I've been wrong about Trump so many times. Please let this be one of the times.
I was, too, but that was based completely upon my impression of "2020 Democratic primary Kamala." Now that I've seen her on the campaign trail this week, following 3.5 years as VPOTUS, it's pretty clear to me that she is lightyears better now than then. I think Trump is in deep shit, and judging by the entire right wing's reaction this week, I think they think so, too.

I was of the opinion that Trump would crush Kamala if she were the candidate. Still plenty of race to run, but she had a good start from the blocks.

I've been wrong about Trump so many times. Please let this be one of the times.
Good start from the blocks is an understatement. Consolidating support for the nomination in 1-2 days was both unexpected and crucial to her chances.

She succeeded Tim Ryan when he ran (and lost) in the US Senate race; so, she’s a 1st term incumbent.

She only beat the Republican by 52.7-47.3.
Not exactly. The district boundaries have changed since Ohio lost an electoral vote in 2020 and the whole state has been ridiculously gerrymandered. Ryan's district was basically Youngstown (where he is from) but it did reach westward into eastern Summit County (where Akron is located) but did not include the city of Akron. Sykes district is Summit and Stark counties (Akron/Canton and environs) and doesn't move into the eastern counties toward the PA border (Youngstown) at all.

But culturally, Ryan represented Youngstown and Sykes represents Akron and most politically astute Ohioans would not conflate those two.

Last edited:
Of course much of that is taken out of context.
I believe we should have the conversation does not equate to Yes we must do that.
I believe that no human should be turned away from public health care, does not equate to we will give everyone health insurance, citizen or not.

To my knowledge the last statement is already true. I don't believe a hospital is going to refuse to see a person in a car accident until the person can prove citizenship.

Back