2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 55K
  • Politics 
I've seen very little NC Gov polling, so this is good. Though 4pts isn't a ton...

Also, this same poll was 37-36 for Stein a couple of weeks ago... Whatever that's worth

I dont get these polls that are 38% -34%
People don't have a clue who they are going to vote for?
Well maybe 25% of the State has no clue who Stein or Bubbaman are?
Believe it or not, this is very typical for gubernatorial elections. A fairly small percentage of Americans pays close attention to politics all the time. A somewhat larger percentage starts paying attention to the presidential race once the primaries start. But there’s a huge group that doesn’t pay the slightest bit of attention to state races until a couple of months before the election. It’s why Stein has been saving most of his advertising fire. We’ll see an enormous uptick in ads starting in late August/early September.

Way too close.
Yeah, I don't get all the people saying that Robinson is "toast" and there's no way that he'll win. His views are right up the alley of rural NC pubs and they'll probably turn out in droves to vote for him, along with Trump. If Trump carries NC by a large enough margin he may well drag Robinson into office with him. I'm not at all confident of a Stein victory. What that poll indicates is that a good many NC voters don't know who Robinson is and thus are likely unaware of just how awful a governor he would be. I hope the Stein campaign is ready with non-stop ads very directly pointing out what he's like and they run them right up to election day, because if not Robinson could very easily win.

Believe it or not, this is very typical for gubernatorial elections. A fairly small percentage of Americans pays close attention to politics all the time. A somewhat larger percentage starts paying attention to the presidential race once the primaries start. But there’s a huge group that doesn’t pay the slightest bit of attention to state races until a couple of months before the election. It’s why Stein has been saving most of his advertising fire. We’ll see an enormous uptick in ads starting in late August/early September.
If they would just join this Board, they would know what the hell is going on !

Warning: Nate silver reference.
Nate Silver or Nate Cohn or similar did some historic numbers delving and concluded that VP has a teeny, tiny impact on races. Like less than 1%.

And given how polarized things are now, I have trouble imagining how veep choice will change the polls.

Warning: Nate silver reference.
Nate Silver or Nate Cohn or similar did some historic numbers delving and concluded that VP has a teeny, tiny impact on races. Like less than 1%.

And given how polarized things are now, I have trouble imagining how veep choice will change the polls.
I agree that, given how polarized things are, polls may not change much. I think the Dems have to hammer on Trump’s age and stress that voters need to pay heightened attention to who is the Veep choice.

I agree that, given how polarized things are, polls may not change much. I think the Dems have to hammer on Trump’s age and stress that voters need to pay heightened attention to who is the Veep choice.
Old, weird, choice

Old, weird, choice

Old, weird, choice

Back