2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 56K
  • Politics 
quick story. Had a close friend who ended up being a big dog in Brunswick county politics/law enforcement. We used to get it off the boat in Sunset Beach or Holden Beach regularly in the 90's.
I hear you. I had my “connections” in the 1970’s/80’s. Dangerous in several forms, but what it’s “cut” with - or not cut - can be an issue. Rhythm changes in the heart can develop quickly. See: Len Bias 1986

So instead of polls we are supposed to follow Jake Tapper’s vibes?
The events of this campaign year have convinced me that a majority of the so-called news media in this country want Trump to win this election, including the fabled "mainstream liberal media" that conservatives so love to attack and see themselves as victims of. The NY Times, WaPo, CNN, etc. all seem to be bending over backwards to give Dear Leader almost every benefit of the doubt, bosiding everything to death, and practicing a definite double standard with Harris. And that's without mentioning all of the right-wing media that now exists in this country - Fox, OAN, Newsmax, most talk radio, all of the local TV stations owned by Sinclair media, Politico, realclearpolitics, the WaPo choosing a former Murdoch employee to manage the paper, and so on.

The events of this campaign year have convinced me that a majority of the so-called news media in this country want Trump to win this election, including the fabled "mainstream liberal media" that conservatives so love to attack and see themselves as victims of. The NY Times, WaPo, CNN, etc. all seem to be bending over backwards to give Dear Leader almost every benefit of the doubt, bosiding everything to death, and practicing a definite double standard with Harris. And that's without mentioning all of the right-wing media that now exists in this country - Fox, OAN, Newsmax, most talk radio, all of the local TV stations owned by Sinclair media, Politico, realclearpolitics, the WaPo choosing a former Murdoch employee to manage the paper, and so on.
Biden made the presidency boring again.

Biden made the presidency boring again.
Yep. Gotta keep those ratings and subscriptions and website hits up, even if the country and our democracy go down the tubes. There was an article earlier this year on how much of the East Coast legacy media, like the NY Times, simply doesn't believe that a second Trump term will be a threat to them personally, so they don't care.

Yep. Gotta keep those ratings and subscriptions and website hits up, even if the country and our democracy go down the tubes. There was an article earlier this year on how much of the East Coast legacy media, like the NY Times, simply doesn't believe that a second Trump term will be a threat to them personally, so they don't care.
Yes. I started a thread on the old board about “When will the media quit Bo-siding? (and call out Trump)”

Basically saying that if the media keeps going the way they are, the Authoritarian dictator will make them State run, and there will be no more journalists per se. Just boot-lickers and those who fell out of windows or who were found mysteriously poisoned.

There is a cynical old man side of me that wants to see this happen to CNN, NYT, and the rest of the “legacy media” in a very Schadenfreude sort of way. Because my race is run and I really don’t give a rats ass anymore.

Last edited:
The media loves a tight race. Sort of like in the NCAA tournament when dook is playing SE Utah State, some commentator will try to hype the chances of SE Utah State pulling off the upset. Most people don't like a blowout (UNC wins, notwithstanding). The media is simply trying to keep people interested, IMHO.

Back