2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 55K
  • Politics 

Literally has no idea what she’s doing. Give me long gone Joe for another four years over this.

OMG she tried to empathize with the challenges people face, as opposed to using inflation as purely a political prop.

And then you wonder people see bias and prejudice in your posts. It is impossible to conclude that she has no idea what she's doing from that clip. It's truncated. To the extent that she struggled with the question, it's because she trying to take an unserious question seriously. At this point, inflation is dead. We're back to 2%, at least under 3. And now people are complaining that prices won't go back down. There is literally nothing any presidential administration can do to force prices back down -- at least nothing that wouldn't be incredibly destructive.

So she tried to answer a ridiculous question in a way that didn't come across as dismissive. OMG!

Why don't you enlighten us about what you think she should have said. If you can say that she has no idea what she's doing, that would mean you have a better idea. Let's hear it.

I just don't understand this at all. How do "Independents" (another term I don't understand) think Trump will make their finances better?

Independent voters on financial condition via CBS/YouGov poll:

If Trump wins:
43% better off
37% worse off
20% stay the same

If Harris wins:
16% better off
47% worse off
37% stay the same

I just don't understand this at all. How do "Independents" (another term I don't understand) think Trump will make their finances better?

If Trump wins:
43% better off
37% worse off
20% stay the same

If Harris wins:
16% better off
47% worse off
37% stay the same
The only way that makes sense is that independent voters assume Republicans are better with the economy, without any thought given to Trump's actual policies (or the fact that it is empirically false).

If Trump wins:
43% better off
37% worse off
20% stay the same

If Harris wins:
16% better off
47% worse off
37% stay the same
Cut taxes.

If the Dems had a white male at top of the ticket and GOP had, say, Condeleeza Rice, I would be interested in seeing how it would impact this result.

Interesting hypothetical. I would think, and hope, a very significant impact. Some large proportion of the respondents surely used "a Black woman president" as a proxy for "Kamala" and simply responded in accordance with whether they like Kamala or not.

If Trump wins:
43% better off
37% worse off
20% stay the same

If Harris wins:
16% better off
47% worse off
37% stay the same
They compared their financial condition under the Trump administration to the Biden/Harris administration. Many families are struggling to make ends meet with prices of everything now out of control

If the Dems had a white male at top of the ticket and GOP had, say, Condeleeza Rice, I would be interested in seeing how it would impact this result.

I'm curious as to how rural white Republicans react to Robinson's campaign for NC Governor. I'm sure many (most) will still vote for him, but racism in some of these counties runs deep, and I wonder if some won't be able to vote for him simply because of his race, even though they agree with his social and cultural views. And I'm not saying that's a good thing, only that it may be an issue for him in November if the election is close.

If Trump wins:
43% better off
37% worse off
20% stay the same

If Harris wins:
16% better off
47% worse off
37% stay the same
It seems to me that swing voters generally think the Republicans are better fiscally and the Democrats are better on social issues.

It’s kinda baked in and I think a lot of people could not even tell you why.

"Independents" (another term I don't understand) think Trump will make their finances better?
The problem is the term "independent." It just means people who don't identify with either party. Most MAGAs are independent in that sense, at least until they complete their takeover (almost complete) of the GOP.

The people saying Trump will make their finances better are overwhelmingly MAGA.

I'm curious as to how rural white Republicans react to Robinson's campaign for NC Governor. I'm sure many (most) will still vote for him, but racism in some of these counties runs deep, and I wonder if some won't be able to vote for him simply because of his race, even though they agree with his social and cultural views. And I'm not saying that's a good thing, only that it may be an issue for him in November if the election is close.
Or they think it makes them not racist

They don't need an imaginary black friend. They voted for Robinson

Or they think it makes them not racist

They don't need an imaginary black friend. They voted for Robinson
Maybe, and I have no doubt that the great majority will vote for Robinson. I'm talking about some who simply won't vote for any black or brown candidates ever, no matter the party. I doubt they'll vote for Stein, but I'm wondering if some will just leave that part of the ballot blank.

The people saying Trump will make their finances better are overwhelmingly MAGA.
Right, as are the people who are adamant that the economy is in shambles. The rest of us in the real world are able to enjoy the fruits of being fortunate enough to live in the country that had the very best post-pandemic economic recovery. We're able to enjoy record low unemployment such that almost every person who wants a job can get a job. We're able to enjoy wage growth that has outpaced inflation. For those of us with either the fortunate ability or the discipline (or both) to save money and invest in the stock market, we're able to enjoy recent record-highs in the market.

I always get a kick out of some of my MAGA family members whining and complaining about how their grocery bill is "200% higher" now than it was when, presumably, Trump was in office. I always ask them if they're tracking whether or not they are buying the exact same things every time they go to the grocery store and if they do price comparisons/shop around for the best prices. They, of course, do neither. But they're just so certain that they are paying more than double for their groceries now!

Right, as are the people who are adamant that the economy is in shambles. The rest of us in the real world are able to enjoy the fruits of being fortunate enough to live in the country that had the very best post-pandemic economic recovery. We're able to enjoy record low unemployment such that almost every person who wants a job can get a job. We're able to enjoy wage growth that has outpaced inflation. For those of us with either the fortunate ability or the discipline (or both) to save money and invest in the stock market, we're able to enjoy recent record-highs in the market.

I always get a kick out of some of my MAGA family members whining and complaining about how their grocery bill is "200% higher" now than it was when, presumably, Trump was in office. I always ask them if they're tracking whether or not they are buying the exact same things every time they go to the grocery store and if they do price comparisons/shop around for the best prices. They, of course, do neither. But they're just so certain that they are paying more than double for their groceries now!
“The economy” = the price of a gallon of gas to way too many people. Unemployment etc doesn’t matter to them.

“The economy” = the price of a gallon of gas to way too many people. Unemployment etc doesn’t matter to them.
Oh yeah, absolutely that's true. The ironic thing is that gas prices adjusted for inflation are about where they've always been historically. So people aren't actually even paying a much higher percentage of their income on gasoline- they just see that the price per gallon is $3 and in 1999 it was $1.50 and they think that the whole economy is going to hell in a handbasket.

If Trump wins:
43% better off
37% worse off
20% stay the same

If Harris wins:
16% better off
47% worse off
37% stay the same
At this point, an independent is just a republican that doesn't embrace trump but hasn't ruled out voting for him. Since they're republicans at heart, they believe trump will be better for the economy - despite all evidence to the contrary.

Last update: 1:00 p.m, Sunday, August 4: After another day of strong polling, Kamala Harris has pulled ahead of Donald Trump for the first time since the forecast launched. Although the race is still a toss-up, Harris leads Trump by 1.4 points in our national polling average, and has a 51 percent chance of winning the electoral college.

IMG_2310.jpeg

They compared their financial condition under the Trump administration to the Biden/Harris administration. Many families are struggling to make ends meet with prices of everything now out of control
Why do you believe “prices of everything (are) now out of control?”
And by that, I mean, why do you believe something that flies in the face of readily available data?

Last update: 1:00 p.m, Sunday, August 4: After another day of strong polling, Kamala Harris has pulled ahead of Donald Trump for the first time since the forecast launched. Although the race is still a toss-up, Harris leads Trump by 1.4 points in our national polling average, and has a 51 percent chance of winning the electoral college.
Those numbers are likely to only increase following the VP pick, DNC convention, and continued unraveling of Trump/Vance.

Back