2024 Presidential Election | 43 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 91K
  • Politics 
Kamala on offense :cool:

“Kamala Harris has spent decades fighting violent crime. As a border state prosecutor, she took on drug cartels and jailed gang members for smuggling weapons and drugs across the border,” the ad reads.

It adds that “as vice president, she backed the toughest border control bill in decades. And as president, she will hire thousands more border agents and crack down on fentanyl and human trafficking.”

“Fixing the border is tough. So is Kamala Harris.”

The new Harris ad will run in Arizona and Nevada, the campaign said in a memo, adding that the vice president will continue to hit Trump for his role in the failure of a border deal negotiated by a bipartisan group of senators.

“She and Governor Walz are campaigning on a promise to bring back the deal if elected. To double down on their message, our campaign is highlighting her fight to secure the border in a new ad running in both states,” the campaign said.

Realistically, how would that happen?
End civil service-wiping out professional staff at every agency
With the States , implement a lot of crap like Georgia is trying where States can "not certify" , say large Metro area votes
Wipe out the EPA, Soc Sec, Obama Care ,Medic are
That would be a small sample

To be perfectly clear, I am completely in support of people dressing in drag if they want to. I’m completely in support of people being whomever and whatever they want to be. Republicans are just absolute scoundrels who want to characterize everyone who dresses in drag as some sort of transgender queer pedophile groomer, so it is absolutely fucking delicious to me that Trump picked a friggin’ drag queen for his ticket.

To be perfectly clear, I am completely in support of people dressing in drag if they want to. I’m completely in support of people being whomever and whatever they want to be. Republicans are just absolute scoundrels who want to characterize everyone who dresses in drag as some sort of transgender queer pedophile groomer, so it is absolutely fucking delicious to me that Trump picked a friggin’ drag queen for his ticket.
This. It's the hypocrisy of the Pubs that kill me.

End civil service-wiping out professional staff at every agency
With the States , implement a lot of crap like Georgia is trying where States can "not certify" , say large Metro area votes
Wipe out the EPA, Soc Sec, Obama Care ,Medic are
That would be a small sample

I believe Congressional action would be required to "wipe out" social security, Obamacare, medicare, etc.

Regarding EPA, or any government agency, the president can't unilaterally fire any federal employee he/she wants, so I'm not sure how that would realistically happen.

Regardless of who is President, states have state constitutions, governors and legislatures that can already do as they please, within the confines of the constitution(s).

I believe Congressional action would be required to "wipe out" social security, Obamacare, medicare, etc. Regarding EPA, or any government agency, the president can't unilaterally fire any federal employee he/she wants, so I'm not sure how that would realistically happen.

Regardless of who is President, states have state constitutions, governors and legislatures that can already do as they please, within the confines of the constitution(s).
The Project 2025 Document goes into great detail how they would reclassify career employees so they can be replaced with political appointees.

Does anyone know how many "toss-up" states are going to have an abortion issue on the ballot?

Is this link current/correct: Which states could have abortion rights on the ballot in November?

The linked article suggests that Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, South Dakota, Arizona, and Nebraska will have abortion on the ballot. Republicans were successful in keeping it off the ballot in other states. I'm thinking that this will not affect the outcome in Colorado, Maryland, South Dakota, or Nebraska. I think those states are going to go the way they go regardless of an abortion amendment. But in Florida, Nevada, and Arizona, an abortion amendment on the ballot might get turnout up enough for those states to go Blue. Colorado and Maryland: going Blue regardless. South Dakota and Nebraska: going red regardless. But the Omaha electoral vote is probably going Blue regardless. I think an abortion amendment really might make a difference in Nevada and Arizona. But Florida, I hope it will make a difference and I think it could make a difference, but Florida has been such a fools' gold objective for Democrats for so long, it's hard to be optimistic.

But where an abortion issue on the ballot really could help in all seven states is in "down-ballot" races. It could really help in urban areas in all seven states and might help in some state-wide down-ballot races.

The Project 2025 Document goes into great detail how they would reclassify career employees so they can be replaced with political appointees.
Project 2025 is the brain child of lunatics. There's exactly zero chance Trump has read a single page of that document. He's already disavowed P2025.

Again, we're talking about what has a realistic chance of happening and a president ending/ruining the country is just not going to happen.

This type of hyperbole is par for the course during election time. Republicans said that if Biden won, they'd go door to door confiscating guns, outlaw home schooling, a national mask/vaccine mandate, free healthcare for illegal immigrants... the list was long.

The irony is strong here. Many of my MAGA acquaintances said, after his assassination attempt, that it was a consequence of when you have democrats spouting nonsense and falsity about Trump ending democracy and calling Trump the next hitler. I said to them at that point that those comments are a direct outcome of trumps clear rhetoric that drummed up a view from the right that the country would not survive if the dems win the election. It’s clear that he has only doubled down on this theme.

The good thing is that beyond the MAGA, people have grown weary of this ridiculousness and are looking for hope and vision. And that is exactly what Harris and walz are providing - hope, vision, and positivity. So long as Trump continues this path, he has no chance.
He’s too self-obsessed to understand this rhetoric is hurting him now.

Project 2025 is the brain child of lunatics. There's exactly zero chance Trump has read a single page of that document. He's already disavowed P2025.

Again, we're talking about what has a realistic chance of happening and a president ending/ruining the country is just not going to happen.

This type of hyperbole is par for the course during election time. Republicans said that if Biden won, they'd go door to door confiscating guns, outlaw home schooling, a national mask/vaccine mandate, free healthcare for illegal immigrants... the list was long.
Oh?

Weeks before the 2020 election, President Trump unveiled an executive order that would have created a new class of political appointee, Schedule F. The order would have allowed a president to turn any career official with a policy advisory role into a political appointee, removing job protection and opening the door to vastly politicize the federal workforce.

President Biden rescinded the order, but Trump has made it a central feature of his re-election campaign as part of his effort to take control of “the deep state.” It’s not just Trump. Schedule F has also been more broadly accepted among Republicans, featuring in the Mandate for Leadership guide that the Heritage Foundation produces for prospective Republican presidents.

I don't disagree that Trump has probably not read a single word of Project 2025, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the people that wrote that document are not some fringe part of the Republican party (which to be fair doesn't really conflict with them being lunatics). They're massively influential in Republican circles and buddies with Trump and everyone in his orbit.

Whatever name you call it, Project 2025 is what Republicans in this country believe and what they are going to try to implement if they get in power. Trump's disavowal of it is not worth the CO2 used to expel the words from his mouth.

It always amuses me that people either think, or pretend to think, that a president is like single-handedly the arbiter of what policy does and does not get implemented by his administration, completely ignoring that the vast majority of policy is implemented by staff, advisors, and appointees of the administration and not the president himself.

Back