2024 Presidential Election | 43 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 91K
  • Politics 
It is absolutely unquestionable that the news companies are rooting for Trump. They are down on their hands and knees in their offices begging for Trump to be re-elected. News consumption, traffic, clicks, etc. skyrocketed during Trump's presidency due to how outrageous he was, how many mistakes he made, etc.

This gotcha attempt is a fly on the windshield of the news media semitruck wishing Trump wins the election.
There was a lot of talk, and even a book written, about how the media going to the Trump ratings well actually helped Trump win in 2016. Even if he doesn't win, Trump is sure to do something stupid that they can talk about.

I agree with you completely. But if given a choice between (a) talking to someone who I know is just going to pass me along to someone else and (b) going to the relevant website and doing what I want without being bounced around the telephone system a dozen times because the person I'm talking to has no idea how to do what I want and no interest in finding our what I want, I will take a website everytime.

When ordering takeout, if the restaurant doesn't have an online ordering system, I get the takeout somewhere that does. Order on-line, pay on-line, walk in and find the on-line to-go shelve, and walk out. That's what I consider to be A+ customer service.
I make a point to call if I'm picking up, since that way the restaurant only has to pay my credit card fee.

Plus talking to people, at least here in this small town, is a pleasant experience.

It absolutely astounds me that there is anybody who is willing to help that treasonous SOB of a felon get re elected much less almost half the electorate.

I was so amazingly naive to think Jan 6 would break the fever dream, I hadn't counted on how stupid the average American is and how without morals those who know better but stand to profit are.

That would be true except for the fact that the rubes never hear about all of this genuinely good news. All they hear and see on TV is the hellscape we live in here across the US presented to them by FauxNews.
A lot of them will say the numbers are made up to make Democrats look good. I have heard a trump supporter say that about the lowering crime rate statistics.

Just saw James Carville on Ari. He said the odds are it will be a nailbiter-but if it is a blow out it will be the Blues . Orangeturd maxes out at 46-47% And he targeted Florida with it's abortion line on the ballot as a potential big time swing

Just had 2 college age people come to my place (Raleigh) handing out Kamala flyer. Ready to talk but I said I needed no convincing. Nice to see the ground game happening.
20240813_175055.jpg]
20240813_175103.jpg
Ground game be like Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Larry Csonka; Calvin Hill; Franco Harris, OJ and the Electric Company, Eric Dickerson, Tony Dorsett, John Riggins and the Hogs; Marcus Allen, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Emmitt Smith... all rolled into one.

IMG_2389.jpeg

Throwing random claims against the wall every few hours. Reminds me of a scene from The Hunt for Red October when they are trying to figure out how the Soviets are dropping so many buoys but not waiting to listen for results. Guy says “Well, they're moving at close to 30 knots. At that speed, they could run over my daughter's stereo and not hear it"

Trump isn’t even pausing to see if anything sticks before throwing the next thing against the wall.

IMG_2389.jpeg

Throwing random claims against the wall every few hours. Reminds me of a scene from The Hunt for Red October when they are trying to figure out how the Soviets are dropping so many buoys but not waiting to listen for results. Guy says “Well, they're moving at close to 30 knots. At that speed, they could run over my daughter's stereo and not hear it"

Trump isn’t even pausing to see if anything sticks before throwing the next thing against the wall.
"DONT PUT ME IN JAIL PLEASE. VOTE TRUMP SO I DONT DIE IN PRISON"

Back