2024 Presidential Election | 44 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
I keep running into Trump voters who say "I wish WE had a better choice in the Presidential Election".

I look at them and say......."Oh really? Well we need to figure out who keeps voting for Trump in election after election and maybe that would lead to better choices?"
Ding, ding, ding!
A lot of people in the middle of the spectrum that you classify as “Trump voters” are in fact breaking to Harris, now that there is a non-senior citizen presented to us as a choice.

The choice between Biden and Trump was the worst choice we’ve ever been presented with by far.

A lot of people in the middle of the spectrum that you classify as “Trump voters” are in fact breaking to Harris, now that there is a non-senior citizen presented to us as a choice.

The choice between Biden and Trump was the worst choice we’ve ever been presented with by far.
I won't disagree with that... At least in my lifetime

I won't disagree with that... At least in my lifetime
I’d agree, but with a major caveat. It being the worst binary choice we’ve ever had was 70% that Trump had one of the worst presidential administration track records in the history of our country and was also uniquely unfit to return to the presidency, and 30% that Biden was just far too old to continue serving in the most powerful and most stressful job in the world. Were his age not *the* major problem (say, if he was about 15 years younger), Biden’s presidential administration track record is one of the best in history in terms of legislative accomplishment and he’d have been a shoo-in for reelection. Biden is ultimately going to be viewed by President historians as arguably a top 10 United States president of all time; Trump is going to be unanimously seen as the worst of all time.

If Biden was 15 years younger and did not have a lifelong stutter, he’d probably beat this 2024 version of Donald Trump by Reagan vs. Mondale-esque margins (that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but you catch my drift).

Just bought gas in Swepsonville for $2.98 a gallon today! Look what Joe Did stickers nowhere in sight. That said I saw way too many Trump 2024 signs up. Time to get the Harris signage cranking!
I mean you were in Alamance County...
I have seen WAY fewer Trump signs than 4 and 8 years ago, personally.

We drove to Atlantic Beach yesterday and my husband commented on the surprising number of pro-choice billboards (most didn’t mention a party preference, just urged women to vote to protect their rights) and a relative paucity of Trump yard signs, flags and paraphernalia compared to 2016 and 2020 and honestly even 2022. It is still there and you still see a few places that are completely decked out but just not nearly as many places. Like the die-hards are even more flag/sign forward but a lot more quiet space in between

Like having to pick between a vanilla ice cream cone and a shit sandwich. It was going to be a tough decision.

I keep running into Trump voters who say "I wish WE had a better choice in the Presidential Election".

I look at them and say......."Oh really? Well we need to figure out who keeps voting for Trump in election after election and maybe that would lead to better choices?"
Ding, ding, ding!
Trump supporters have been saying that for three elections now, and it's their bosiding excuse for voting for him. If both candidates are equally bad then voting for Trump doesn't sound so bad, at least to them. Jesus could run as the Democratic candidate and Trump cultists would still say "I wish we had a better choice in this election." It's just another way of rationalizing what they already want to do.

I agree. Actually, I see more Robinson signs (those defy logic) than trump signs. There are two Harris signs in my neighborhood.

So Vice President Harris planned and led the withdrawal from Afghanistan? I had no idea that a VP had such control over the military. What a load of BS from the "MAGA War Room." And yet his followers will believe it without hesitation.
he has literally taken every speech and talking point and crossed out Biden and wrote in harris. The diehards don't care that i t makes no sense.

Trump supporters have been saying that for three elections now, and it's their bosiding excuse for voting for him. If both candidates are equally bad then voting for Trump doesn't sound so bad, at least to them. Jesus could run as the Democratic candidate and Trump cultists would still say "I wish we had a better choice in this election." It's just another way of rationalizing what they already want to do.
Ronald Reagan could run as a Democrat and MAGAts would vote for Trump.

Back