2024 Presidential Election | 44 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 90K
  • Politics 
We still have a long way to go. Not taking anything for granted. But is anyone else surprised at how the Pubs have been caught absolutely flat-footed by the developments of the last couple of weeks? They’re acting like a football team that turned a few first half turnovers into a 21 point halftime lead, but gave it all up in the third quarter and seem to have nothing left in the tank at the start of the fourth quarter. I can’t remember the last time there was such an enormous momentum differential between the parties this late in an election cycle.
I would say it’s like a football defense that prepares for the starting qb, only to have the 3rd string qb run and throw for 7 tds and 500 yards.

I’ll be in the corner kicking the dog now

That’s a ridiculous position to hold, and it cheapens any subsequent insult you could hurl if you truly believe that no one can support Trump by acting in good faith. Not really worth me responding beyond that.
Its true.

He’s a felon who use the office to try to enrich himself, sees power and threw a hissy fit that ended up and an attack on our capitol when he lost.

He’s now trying to use the office to avoid punishment for crimes they committed before during and after he was in office.

He also has no real policies and is not a conservative.

Its true.

He’s a felon who use the office to try to enrich himself, sees power and threw a hissy fit that ended up and an attack on our capitol when he lost.

He’s now trying to use the office to avoid punishment for crimes they committed before during and after he was in office.

He also has no real policies and is not a conservative.
Well, like most of MAGA, any facts and logical refutations just harden their beliefs. They don't call MAGA a cult for nothin'. And he'd deny he's MAGA, but at this point, your vote either resists MAGA or enables it. It's like a badly thinning hairline - just own it, dude. You ain't fooling anybody.

HY2012 has invested a lot of time, thought, conversation, and emotional capital over the course of years into Trump apologetics. Not everyone can admit they're wrong.

To further clarify this, my stance is that for the people who vote for Donald Trump because, for whatever reasoning they tell themselves that his presidency would be better for them or their family than a Harris presidency, while I vehemently disagree with that, I certainly respect their right to cast that vote for whatever reason suits them. Those aren’t the people I have a problem with. The people whom I have a problem with are the ones who relish the cruelty that MAGA politics inflict upon innocent people.
I have a bigger problem with the “wink-and-nod” Trump voters than the crazed MAGAts.

The “wink-and-nod” voters (see HY2012) know better. They’re willing to vote Trump for (1) tax cuts; (2) no tax increase; (3) right-wing judicial nominations - people who will gut the government (eff the FDA, EPA, CDC, NOAA, NIH, etc.); (4) don’t give a rat’s ass about NATO; (5) what this group cares about aside from their taxes is limited.

So long as their taxes are cut or don’t go up, Trump is fine.

Yep, it’s because Walz signed a bill providing tampons in public school girls’ restrooms. If the GOP is trying to shed the “what the fuck is the matter with you, you weird fucking freaks?” label, they aren’t trying very hard.
I am literally gobsmacked that it hasn’t yet occurred to these buffoons that LITERALLY 50% of the voting public are currently having or at one time had periods.

They really are trying to lose this aren’t they?

I have a bigger problem with the “wink-and-nod” Trump voters than the crazed MAGAts.

The “wink-and-nod” voters (see HY2012) know better. They’re willing to vote Trump for (1) tax cuts; (2) no tax increase; (3) right-wing judicial nominations - people who will gut the government (eff the FDA, EPA, CDC, NOAA, NIH, etc.); (4) don’t give a rat’s ass about NATO; (5) what this group cares about aside from their taxes is limited.

This x1000. At least the MAGA’s put theirs on display…red hats and all.

Yep, a weird marriage of rich folks and racists and bigots.

MAGA candidate for Missouri Secretary of State. She lost her Primary tonight.

The tweet isn’t deleted but is limited due to “hateful conduct.” I guess that’s why it can’t be embedded. Click if you wish to find out why.

HY12, serious/in earnest question: after all Trump has done, after all he's been convicted of, after the insults and cruelty and election denialism and inciting an insurrection on January 6th, what is it that still attracts you to voting for him? He's not a good person. Like, he's objectively one of the worst people alive today. What specific policies or agenda items could it possibly be?
Strongly disagree that he’s one of the worst people alive today.

Simply put, I trust Trump on the economy and on immigration more than I do Harris. Those 2 issues are core issues for me whereas other stuff is more secondary. I’m pro choice and generally pro gun reform, so it’s not like I’m a huge pro-life or 2nd amendment single issue voter. As far as foreign policy, I’m more of an isolationalist in the sense that I think the United States often gets taken advantage of in some of the alliances we are in.

This package of beliefs leads me to vote for Democrats in some races - for instance, the NC governor’s race has nothing to do with immigration (where national Dems are a total disaster) or foreign policy - two issues I side with Republicans on - but it does have a lot to do with abortion (where I’m pro choice) now that Roe has been overturned.

Last edited:
Strongly disagree that he’s one of the worst people alive today.

Simply put, I trust Trump on the economy and on immigration more than I do Harris. Those 2 issues are core issues for me whereas other stuff is more secondary. I’m pro choice and generally pro gun reform, so it’s not like I’m a huge pro-life or 2nd amendment single issue voter. As far as foreign policy, I’m more of an isolationalist in the sense that I think the United States often gets taken advantage of in some of the alliances we are in.

This package of beliefs leads me to vote for Democrats in some races - for instance, the NC governor’s race has nothing to do with immigration (where national Dems are a total disaster) or foreign policy - two issues I side with Republicans on - but it does have a lot to do with abortion (where I’m pro choice) now that Roe has been overturned.
So, you support Trump’s proposed massive tariffs across all imports and his proposed detention and deportation of millions of undocumented immigrants - even those who have been working here for 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, or more years.

What economic impact will the tariffs and detentions/deportations have?

Will those be good impacts?

As hopeful as I am, and I am hopeful, right now we're in what amounts to a convention bump. Let's talk at the end of August if the momentum is still there. If it is, 45 is done for, barring a news cycle shock.
I hear you, but after 2016 and how Trump did better than the polls predicted in 2020 I'm not going to feel confident and rest easy until all of the votes are counted and Harris has been declared the winner by the Electoral College and takes the oath of office in January 2025. As we've seen just this year, a single month can seem like a lifetime in modern politics.

Last edited:
Back