2024 Presidential Election | 44 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
Joe “resigned” alright. Lol!
That’s literally what he did. Withdrew, really, but yeah. Was he influenced? Given advice? Shown polling numbers? Hell yes, because they’re not morons. Also not a cult.

Modern incumbent presidents rarely face serious primary challenges. Including Biden. And Trump.

When he demonstrated an incapability to effectively campaign, he got out of the way.

Trump would never in a million years do something like that. He never has. He doesn’t give a shit what happens to the republican party whenever he’s no longer in control of it.

Your arguments are beginning to border on trolling. I think your MAGA might be showing.

200.gif.

Just generally. 90 days to go. Lots of work to do, lots of time for who the hell knows what is next.
Agreed. Given that less than a month ago Democrats were at first freaking out and then depressed about Biden's first debate performance and the likelihood that he was going to lose the election to the giddiness and excitement that we're seeing now, I don't think anything is off the table for the next three months. Momentum in modern elections can change on a dime. While Democrats are certainly in a far better place than they were a month ago, there is no guarantee that they will be in a similar place a month or two from now. I do like our chances, but there's still plenty of hard work and likely more surprises in store before November.

Last edited:
One thing that I think people are under appreciatting is the timing of the momentum swing. For a lot of folks here in the Midwest, the months of late June through early August are a slog. Not only is it beastly hot outside, but a lot of the usual entertainment isn't present. In a typical year, the only major sport happening routinely is baseball. Things that happen in that time period typically get more attention simply because there's not much else happening. That, however, was not the case this year.

While Biden was clearly struggling and then came the debate performance debacle, it wasn't the only major story. It may have felt like it, but so much else was happening: the Euros, Copa America, and the build up to and eventual start of the Olympics. They were a distraction from politics at the best time.

Then, right as most of those big things finished...Biden dropped out. It instantly became the biggest news story and, with little to block it out, it stayed there. And then, came Kamala. The momentum built over three weeks, perfectly timing with the unity, positivity, and joy brought on by the Olympics. It rose again in the past few days with the selection of Walz, and it will soon peak at the DNC. Kamala's perfectly timed rise right in middle of the summer dead period allowed her visibility to skyrocket, putting her in prominence in the minds of many. However, people are rightly beginning to worry the momentum will dim.

I'm sorry to say that it will undoubtedly dim, but not for the reasons you may think. It will dim, but that's the best possible thing that could happen (in the Midwest, at least).

This is because in people's minds she will represent that joy, optimism, and hope. That's what they will remember as their minds switch from the doldrums of summer to the excitement of fall that brings the key player in this tale: the start of football season, and more specifically college football season.

Football season dominates all, whether it's politics, other sports, or general entertainment. Especially in the Midwest. In the minds of those Midwestern voters, 95% have already made their voting decision. Football season is sacred, and only the biggest of impactful stories will break into their news cycle. And it will run all the way past the election. So for those worried about momentum fading, don't. For once football kicks off in those states, just avoiding pitfalls is all you need to do.

Gotta figure out to get a Walz as football coach fluff appearance in the booth for the UNC at Minnesota game … just talk football and be normal.

Gotta figure out to get a Walz as football coach fluff appearance in the booth for the UNC at Minnesota game … just talk football and be normal.
Or just let him talk about how he let Minneapolis burn during the summer of love in 2020.

Should be very uplifting

Or just let him talk about how he let Minneapolis burn during the summer of love in 2020.

Should be very uplifting
Welcome, buddy! When was the last time you were in Minneapolis to see the destruction? I was there a couple of weeks ago and, weirdly, I didn’t see any damage. And the people seemed really nice and happy with their beautiful city. Just wondering how much you really know about what you’re talking about.

Trump Team still seems stuck using CTRL-F Biden and replacing with Harris in their campaign materials.

Welcome, buddy! When was the last time you were in Minneapolis to see the destruction? I was there a couple of weeks ago and, weirdly, I didn’t see any damage. And the people seemed really nice and happy with their beautiful city. Just wondering how much you really know about what you’re talking about.

I know right?

Back