2024 Presidential Election | 44 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
Yes, this is why he added "and challenge me to another DEBATE!", which was the high point of his fortunes in this campaign (except for getting shot at) and therefor his (gotta say it) weird convention fantasy includes a return to that moment (I'm assuming even he doesn't want to return to getting shot at again, regardless of the enthusiasm bump he received). Gotta say, it's somehow satisfying that the moment that produced his highest highs (the debate) also set the stage for, hopefully, his utter ruin...
It has got to enrage Trump that the assassination attempt on his life isn't even a footnote not even 4 weeks after it happened.

HY12 is not alone in that approach and makes a good faith effort here to explain why. Even though I remain genuinely baffled by the Trump support, I appreciate the effort to help me understand the POV.

He doesn’t really make an effort to explain his positions at all. When presented with facts that he is citing BS stats, he claims we are going too far down the immigration rabbit hole on an election thread. He cuts and runs.

It’s kind of funny that Republicans spent all of 2016 and all of 2020, and basically formulated the entire basis behind the Big Lie, measuring electoral probability buy things like rally crowd sizes and enthusiasm. And yet, now that Trump have all of the energy and enthusiasm of a funeral, and all the attendance of a Wake Forest football home game, while Harris has overflow capacity crowds everywhere she goes, not a peep from the right wing!
Upvote for the Wake Forest sass...

He doesn’t really make an effort to explain his positions at all. When presented with facts that he is citing BS stats, he claims we are going too far down the immigration rabbit hole on an election thread. He cuts and runs.
this. super did a good job of exposing his nonsense a few posts back.

his "reasoning" and explanations for his support of tr*mp are always farcical and/or rooted in falsehoods but he's almost always the most cordial of the tr*mpers on the board so people give him a pass.

Well I’ll agree with you on one thing - having “no idea what will happen to the old Republican Party from here” seems accurate. It’s dead. It died a while back. The party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Eisenhower is long gone. Even the party of Ronald Reagan/George Bush (which was not quite the same as Lincoln-Eisenhower) is dead and gone. No, that Grand Old Party was usurped by tea-party, Maga, trumperistas. If I were an old school Republican (which I’m not) I think I might prefer the usurpers come up with a new name (The Tea Party maybe? Or the ‘T’ Party as an homage to Trump?) and let the George Will’s and Lincoln Project folks have their original brand back.
Amerika First Party

It has got to enrage Trump that the assassination attempt on his life isn't even a footnote not even 4 weeks after it happened.
It's funny because for decades now Republicans have said that getting shot at by disaffected young men with military rifles is part of the cost of doing business in this country, and then get huffy when people shrug at one taking a shot at Trump.

Y'all won, and are mad about it.

It's funny because for decades now Republicans have said that getting shot at by disaffected young men with military rifles is part of the cost of doing business in this country, and then get huffy when people shrug at one taking a shot at Trump.

Y'all won, and are mad about it.
Such a great point lol

See, this right here is what I'm looking for. You've become my barometer. Probably a bad choice, given that you -- unlike 99% of Americans -- are a partner at a Big Law firm, but life works in mysterious ways. Anyway, I was depressed by your reaction to the debate. Now you're getting my hopes up, even more than before.
nycfan's reaction to the debate (before I even watched it) was what convinced me that something had to happen. And happen by god it has...

Good lord, that's almost the same size crowd as the Four Seasons Total Landscaping presser. They've even got equipment out...
Extra points for using "Good lord" to start your post.

Well played, hedge.

Clearly nycfan agreed with me because she helped facilitate by starting the immigration thread. She also deleted a few posts that were previously on this thread and carried them over to that one.

Stephen Miller is on The Beat with Ari Melber right now and they are talking about Project 2025 and immigration and a national abortion ban. Miller is blaming the controversy surrounding P2025 on left-wing media for blowing it out of proportion, not that the project directors actually published the document online and everyone else just picked it up and read it and interpreted it lol. And of course, he is denying that there will be a national abortion ban, and Trump was completely justified in wanting to send troops to the border, and he's JCD'ing January 6th saying that the alternate electors were completely legitimate and that Congress was supposed to consider them. And he's a fucking dookie, so there's that. Ari is handling it pretty well, being as respectful as he can and fact checking him in real time, even with Miller shouting over him. Miller is really something else.

Last edited:
Back