2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
Hubris, desperate or crazy like a fox?

“Campaign sources tell Axios that despite having to defend past comments, Sen. JD Vance(R-Ohio) has signed up for a tough conversation with the N.Y. Times' "The Interview" podcast.

Why it matters: It's part of a "come-at-me" media strategy by Vance, who has faced constant questions about "childless cat ladies" and other previous statements about women and parents. …”

The article in the link is worth a read. Trump had fewer combat deaths than Obama, who had fewer than Bush.

But for crass political reasons, Trump has convinced his followers that only the 13 who died at Abbey Gate were tragic or in error somehow — not unlike how the lives lost at Benghazi were the only ones Trump cared about in 2016.

He doesn’t usually admit to the combat deaths on his watch at all.

Last edited:
No campaigning for Trump or Vance today, but Trump finally got around to his usual gracious holiday greetings …

“ … all Americans are suffering during this holiday weekend …”?

Nothing about labor unions?

All Americans are suffering while setting Labor Day travel records. Everything is always so over the top with that ass clown. I look forward to the day that I don't have to hear incessantly about Donald J Trump. Well, unless it's about him going to jail, losing all his money or his passing (yeah, I'm that petty).

Just look at all those photo-op and campaign video opportunities Harris has. She should just march right in there and start taking photos giving the thumbs up at their grave sites and record her longggggg stroll looking at all them.

“Everything is so bad! The economy is in shambles! Our country is destroyed!” cries the Republican amidst record low unemployment, record high stock market returns, inflation at a three-year-low, prices lowering, crime rates plummeting, illegal border crossings dropping like a rock.

“Nobody can afford anything anymore!” cries the MAGA as they buy another boat, upgrade another $90,000 pickup truck, and book another expensive vacation.

“We need to get this country back on the right track like it was four years ago!” cries the Trump voter, conveniently (purposefully) forgetting when we were all locked in our homes, with inflation exploding, the economy cratering, millions losing their jobs, and hundreds of thousands dying because Donald Trump was a complete fucking catastrophe at handling a crisis.

“I have to vote for Trump, he will lower my taxes and communist Kamala is going to tax me at 100%!” claims the allegedly “moderate independent thinking” voter whose household income is $175,000, whose net worth is around five figures if they’re lucky, and who couldn’t pick out unrealized gains if you spotted them a dictionary.

Sounds like a whole bunch of right wingers need to put on their big boy britches and pull themselves up by the bootstraps!

Last edited:
“Everything is so bad! The economy is in shambles! Our country is destroyed!” cries the Republican amidst record low unemployment, record high stock market returns, inflation at a three-year-low, prices lowering, crime rates plummeting, illegal border crossings dropping like a rock.

“Nobody can afford anything anymore!” cries the MAGA as they buy another boat, upgrade another $90,000 pickup truck, and book another expensive vacation.

“We need to get this country back on the right track like it was four years ago!” cries the Trump voter, conveniently (purposefully) forgetting when we were all locked in our homes, with inflation exploding, the economy catering, millions losing their jobs, and hundreds of thousands dying because Donald Trump was a complete fucking catastrophe at handling a crisis.

Sounds like a whole bunch of right wingers need to put on their big boy britches and pull themselves up by the bootstraps!
Trump equates the economy with the stock price of DJT. Today the price is bouncing around $19/share down from the $66/share close in March

So for Trump the stock market has crashed and the economy sucks

I think “stupid” is the last word Trump will be able to remember one day. It has become his go-to.

Hubris, desperate or crazy like a fox?

“Campaign sources tell Axios that despite having to defend past comments, Sen. JD Vance(R-Ohio) has signed up for a tough conversation with the N.Y. Times' "The Interview" podcast.

Why it matters: It's part of a "come-at-me" media strategy by Vance, who has faced constant questions about "childless cat ladies" and other previous statements about women and parents. …”
The question is will the NY Times actually grill him with tough questions, or just let him off the hook as part of their bosiding, Trump-ain't-so-bad campaign?

Back