2024 Presidential Election | 45 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
Trump is too old in a more general sense. No one 78 years old should have a job that demanding. But it’s totally a false equivalence to act like Trump and Biden are equally unfit mentally. The whole charade of covering up Biden’s decline was exposed on national television in the debate.

So yeah, I would much prefer have a younger candidate and I am not really a fan of Trump. But he’s 10x sharper than Biden, who is extremely feeble and can’t think on his feet at all.
He literally just laid out a WWE storyline playing out at the DNC, and this is normal/mentally ok?

Trump is too old in a more general sense. No one 78 years old should have a job that demanding. But it’s totally a false equivalence to act like Trump and Biden are equally unfit mentally. The whole charade of covering up Biden’s decline was exposed on national television in the debate.

So yeah, I would much prefer have a younger candidate and I am not really a fan of Trump. But he’s 10x sharper than Biden, who is extremely feeble and can’t think on his feet at all.
I don’t even know what to say to this. Trump can’t answer a simple question without veering off into a dozen random tangents and then won’t answer the original prompt. Trump just lies and then changes the subject.

And while it's obvious that you think Trump is capable of doing the job, do you think he actually would? And what I mean by that is, do you honestly trust him to act in the best interest of the country?

I do not.

I'd be curious to know why (if?) you think he would (and if that even matters to you).
Yeah, I know this is hard for you to comprehend, but I really do believe a Trump presidency would be better for the country than a Harris presidency. I’m not saying he’s the best option in a vacuum or my ideal candidate, but me and about 70 million others are buying what he’s selling above what the Democrats are selling. In other words, it’s a true belief and not just a “hey I’m gonna vote for Trump to piss off the libs!”

Trump didn’t need to get into politics at all. He had a great life full of fame and fortune before he ever ran for president. He ran as a political outsider to try and combat all the bullshit that goes on in Washington, and while he’s too rough around the edges for my personal tastes, he’s built a coalition of working class folks across various backgrounds that the Republican party hasn’t been able to reach before him. He isn’t a perfect candidate by any stretch but he’s a fighter. The iconic photo from Butler PA sums that up better than any post I make could.

Man, the GOP is not prepared for the tidal wave that is going to bury it in November. Progressives are fired up. Moderates are fired up. Centrists are fired up. Non-MAGA Republicans (Lincoln Project, Republicans for Harris, etc.) are fired up.

See you at the polls, MAGA motherfuckers.

There are some big money republican donors who’ve been sitting on the sideline. It will be interesting to see what they do over the next two weeks. If they just watched that rally, I think they’re going to be dropping a lot of cash on senate and house seats.

But it’s totally a false equivalence to act like Trump and Biden are equally unfit mentally. The whole charade of covering up Biden’s decline was exposed on national television in the debate.
Trump speaks much better than Biden, but he rambles about delusional shit non-stop. Just because someone is better verbally than someone else does not mean they are great mentally. I can't believe we are even debating this after over 8 years of Donald Trump.

Trump speaks much better than Biden, but he rambles about delusional shit non-stop. Just because someone is better verbally than someone else does not mean they are great mentally. I can't believe we are even debating this after over 8 years of Donald Trump.
Trump does ramble, and by no means is he some master on the debate stage. The comparison was him against Joe Biden. Lowest possible bar for him to clear when it comes to mental acuity.

Yeah, I know this is hard for you to comprehend, but I really do believe a Trump presidency would be better for the country than a Harris presidency. I’m not saying he’s the best option in a vacuum or my ideal candidate, but me and about 70 million others are buying what he’s selling above what the Democrats are selling. In other words, it’s a true belief and not just a “hey I’m gonna vote for Trump to piss off the libs!”

Trump didn’t need to get into politics at all. He had a great life full of fame and fortune before he ever ran for president. He ran as a political outsider to try and combat all the bullshit that goes on in Washington, and while he’s too rough around the edges for my personal tastes, he’s built a coalition of working class folks across various backgrounds that the Republican party hasn’t been able to reach before him. He isn’t a perfect candidate by any stretch but he’s a fighter. The iconic photo from Butler PA sums that up better than any post I make could.

That is so sad.

I couldn’t care less where he posts…I’m blown away by WHAT he posts. But keep telling yourself that level of crazy is better for the country.
I think you just don’t have a very good sense of humor. The idea of Biden storming into the convention hall to try and reclaim his delegates and his spot he earned atop the ballot is hilarious to me. Obviously it’s not going to happen, but it is funny.

For a guy who has been called a threat to democracy, compared to Hitler, called a fascist, and had a recent assassination attempt against him, I’m ok if he wants to punch back a little and point out how non-democratic the whole process was of removing Biden and inserting Harris, who not a single Democrat voted for in the primaries.

Back