2024 Presidential Election | 45 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
A selfless public servant. An ideal to which we should all strive. Dare I say Christ-like.

I'm surprised you didn't mention that he donated every penny of his $400,000 presidential salary (at least that one time...)
someone that believes Trump ran for president out of anything other than personal gain and narcissism is someone that is not a serious person. I finally gotta use the ignore

I really don't care. My vote is not and never has been to hurt or distress anyone.

Unlike MAGA, my vote is hopeful. I cast it because I want everyone in the country to do better. Even them.
Oh I hear you, absolutely. Your mentality is the one that everyone should have, mine is not. I definitely am not casting a vote this fall to hurt or distress anyone on the other side. Not at all. But I am absolutely, positively, unequivocally going to revel in being able to rub the noses in of every MAGA MFer who does cast their vote to purposely hurt people I know and love and care for. That does not include every single Trump voter by any means; just the ones who revel in cruelty. My old Republican habits die hard: I have no problem wanting to humiliate people who deserve humiliation, and MAGA people deserve humiliation. I absolutely do not recommend anyone else have that mentality or mindset that I have. I’m not saying it’s the right one to have by any means. But it’s the one that I have specifically for MAGA, and I’m too proud, stubborn, and stupid to apologize for it.

Oh I hear you, absolutely. Your mentality is the one that everyone should have, mine is not. I definitely am not casting a vote this fall to hurt or distress anyone on the other side. Not at all. But I am absolutely, positively, unequivocally going to revel in being able to rub the noses in of every MAGA MFer who does cast their vote to purposely hurt people I know and love and care for. That does not include every single Trump voter by any means; just the ones who revel in cruelty. My old Republican habits die hard: I have no problem wanting to humiliate people who deserve humiliation, and MAGA people deserve humiliation. I absolutely do not recommend anyone else have that mentality or mindset that I have. I’m not saying it’s the right one to have by any means. But it’s the one that I have specifically for MAGA, and I’m too proud, stubborn, and stupid to apologize for it.
To further clarify this, my stance is that for the people who vote for Donald Trump because, for whatever reasoning they tell themselves that his presidency would be better for them or their family than a Harris presidency, while I vehemently disagree with that, I certainly respect their right to cast that vote for whatever reason suits them. Those aren’t the people I have a problem with. The people whom I have a problem with are the ones who relish the cruelty that MAGA politics inflict upon innocent people.

God forbid you be subjected to differing, good faith points of view on an internet message board!!
I think the problem here is one of good faith.

It's very hard to believe anyone supporting Trump is acting in good faith. His policies, where they are actually articulated, are spiteful and stupid. His entire movement is predicated on sentiment rather than reality.

People supporting Trump are either marks or monsters. In order to be asserting you are holding these positions honestly, you're either admitting to being conned, or to being cruel.

I think the problem here is one of good faith.

It's very hard to believe anyone supporting Trump is acting in good faith. His policies, where they are actually articulated, are spiteful and stupid. His entire movement is predicated on sentiment rather than reality.

People supporting Trump are either marks or monsters. In order to be asserting you are holding these positions honestly, you're either admitting to being conned, or to being cruel.
That’s a ridiculous position to hold, and it cheapens any subsequent insult you could hurl if you truly believe that no one can support Trump by acting in good faith. Not really worth me responding beyond that.

What are you talking about? Your party just forced its candidate out because he was going to lose to Trump. So there are very obviously swing voters in the middle who were going to vote for Trump that the Democrats will be trying to win over now with Harris. You may not like it but these voters are in fact the middle.

My party?

That’s a ridiculous position to hold, and it cheapens any subsequent insult you could hurl if you truly believe that no one can support Trump by acting in good faith. Not really worth me responding beyond that.
You could attempt to show me the errors of my ways.

You consistently express the belief that your life will be better under President Trump but you offer absolutely no substantive justifications for that belief. If your opinions were actually based in reality you could perhaps justify them by explaining how President Trump's policies would improve the lives of your family and your fellow Americans.

You've recently been very vocal about the cost of groceries. Please explain President Trump's policies to deal with inflation and food prices, and how they will address these issues.

Demonstrate good faith, rather than blind faith.

"tampontim" is trending on twitter. well I wouldn't say trending - has been selected by elon's minions to appear as trending. I am guessing that is some weird attack they are trying.
Who were these people in middle/high school? You can’t do tampon jokes when the top of your ticket had people wearing tampons on their ears!

And fake bots won’t hit the same…these guys are all weirdos.

God forbid you be subjected to differing, good faith points of view on an internet message board!!
HY12, serious/in earnest question: after all Trump has done, after all he's been convicted of, after the insults and cruelty and election denialism and inciting an insurrection on January 6th, what is it that still attracts you to voting for him? He's not a good person. Like, he's objectively one of the worst people alive today. What specific policies or agenda items could it possibly be?

It’s not an indefensible position.

Let’s say the economy is your biggest issue. By and large, those who study these things are pretty well convinced that Trump’s proposed plans to hike up massive tariffs on all foreign imports and to conduct massive roundups and deportations of undocumented immigrants would have dire economic consequences. So it seems silly to vote for Trump based on economic policy positions.

Speaking of immigration, given that Congressional action is needed in order for any long-term improvements to the system—and given that Trump torpedoed bipartisan legislation that would’ve gone a long way to fixing a system that’s been broken for decades—it seems silly to vote for Trump if border security is your main issue.

I’m assuming that both of these issues (the economy and immigration) are among the top reasons why you believe that Trump would be better for America than Harris. And yet, cursory analysis indicates that Trump would be demonstrably worse.

So you either haven’t thought through the implications of Trump’s policy goals, or you’re being disingenuous about what drives you to vote for Trump.

Last edited:
I don’t even know what to say to this. Trump can’t answer a simple question without veering off into a dozen random tangents and then won’t answer the original prompt. Trump just lies and then changes the subject.
Agreed. The Trumper insistence that Dear Leader is in much better shape mentally than Biden is a joke. The only difference is that Trump shouts and yells and blusters and his supporters mistake that for mental vigor. But if you actually listen to him talk he rambles, often incoherently, stumbles and mumbles over words, forgets names and other things, and on and on. His mind is mush and has been for a long, long time.

Back