2024 Presidential Election | 47 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
I would assume Chapel Hill-Carrboro will never combine with Orange County
That’s a “two-lane road” situation.

The Chapel Hill-Carrboro School System (CHCSS) doesn’t want to merge with Orange County Schools; Orange County Schools don’t want to merge with Chapel Hill-Carrboro.

Chapel Hill-Carrboro residents don’t want a merger; Orange County residents don’t want a merger.

Why? Orange County would have to increase taxes and spending to CHCSS levels OR CHCSS would have to decrease spending levels to Orange County levels.

Neither is happening anytime soon.

That’s a “two-lane road” situation.

The Chapel Hill-Carrboro School System (CHCSS) doesn’t want to merge with Orange County Schools; Orange County Schools don’t want to merge with Chapel Hill-Carrboro.

Chapel Hill-Carrboro residents don’t want a merger; Orange County residents don’t want a merger.

Why? Orange County would have to increase taxes and spending to CHCSS levels OR CHCSS would have to decrease spending levels to Orange County levels.

Neither is happening anytime soon.
Agreed. I am fine with OCS.

Probably "b", but possibly "c".

The big thing is that let's us know that the "this...former president" jab really, really got under Trump's nerves.
And the clip of Kamala saying her favorite curse "starts with an "m" and ends with an "uh"" makes the "thisssssss ... former president" moment so much better.

I didn't know that there was such a push for each county to only have one school system.

If that's the case, how in the heck does Catawba County still have 3 different school systems?
There are 115 school districts across 100 counties. So 15 extra districts that are within a county, and as you mentioned, two extras within Catawba County.

Back