2024 Presidential Election | 47 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
Did anyone see the "Trump Voter" women on Morning Joe? Good grief....one could barely sit up....she says Harris is an idiot "because we dont know what she's done."

So an educated lawyer is dumb because you are too ignorant to be informed?
This coming from the "I do my own research" crowd, too.

I get the angle vs Trump, but I worry some about Kamala leaning too heavily into the “I’m the prosecutor” theme.
If this were still the Dem primary, I would agree. But I think the enormous majority of people who still need to be persuaded to support Kamala will very much like that message. The risk is it turns off the Dem base a bit, but with Trump on the other side, I don’t think that’s likely to happen.

Honestly, Kamala has had a fantastic 48-hours, but we could be overrating her campaign because just experiencing an actual campaign versus the absence of any meaningful campaign until Sunday afternoon. We knew there was a void but now just having someone doing campaign stuff emphasizes that there really wasn't a Democratic presidential campaign in process. Trump had the entire playing field to himself.

The Biden campaign was a void -- so Kamala having an active campaign looks like a supernova.

Black Hole Art GIF by LOCAL STREAKER

Animation Supernova GIF by NASA

Honestly, Kamala has had a fantastic 48-hours, but we could be overrating her campaign because just experiencing an actual campaign versus the absence of any meaningful campaign until Sunday afternoon. We knew there was a void but now just having someone doing campaign stuff emphasizes that there really wasn't a Democratic presidential campaign in process. Trump had the entire playing field to himself.

The Biden campaign was a void -- so Kamala having an active campaign looks like a supernova.

Black Hole Art GIF by LOCAL STREAKER

Animation Supernova GIF by NASA
I can definitely follow this train of thought, but the 24hr record fundraising, the significant uptick on social media, the extremely early but still positive movement in the polls all point to something possibly bigger brewing.

As a risk-averse person, I can certainly see value in hedging. Politics is a cycle of ebbs and flows. No reason to get too high this early.

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Early data but a good reminder that good vibrations aren’t good data.

Last edited:
Back