2024 Presidential Election | 47 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
Any time I hear a right winger like my cousin who barely graduated high school talk about "research" I visualize a 40 year old woman on her 3rd glass of wine at 10:00 at night googling shit that lights up her confirmation bias
Googling is generous. she is more likely just clicking the next facebook video link the algorithm cooks up.

The nonpartisan Vote.org website saw its highest level of new voter registrations of the 2024 election cycle in the first two days after Biden dropped out and endorsed vice president Kamala Harris, with 38,500 people signing up – a 700 percent spike, reported Politico Playbook.

That's even higher than when Taylor Swift made an Instagram post urging her fans to register, Playbook noted, and most of the new registrations came from voters who are 34 years old or younger.

Fair warning ... prepare yourself for Trump & Vance as Bo & Luke Duke

The nonpartisan Vote.org website saw its highest level of new voter registrations of the 2024 election cycle in the first two days after Biden dropped out and endorsed vice president Kamala Harris, with 38,500 people signing up – a 700 percent spike, reported Politico Playbook.

That's even higher than when Taylor Swift made an Instagram post urging her fans to register, Playbook noted, and most of the new registrations came from voters who are 34 years old or younger.
But But Harry Enten used like 12 hours of "data" to say young people dont care

kamala-lotus-potus-477x600.png

Important to remember that polling is only half the equation. Turnout is the other half. Every polling outfit worth it's salt is taking the responses and re-weighting them by historical/estimated turnout percentages by demographic. Big swings in enthusiasm can make for big polling errors. Important to keep up momentum and enthusiasm.

I didn't realize exactly how much I was disconnected from this election with Biden until he left
I forgot the energy I often have. It's back. But this week has reminded me how absolutely detached and dejected I have been for the last year since he said he was running again as an 80+ year old (and I think he's awesome)

Just saw a poll they showed on CNN from yesterday.

Before Biden dropping out:

Percentage of Democrats voting for Biden: 37%
Percentage of Democrats voting against Trump: 63%

After Biden dropping out:

Percentage of Democrats voting for Harris: 50%
Percentage of Democrats voting against Trump: 50%.

This seems like a big deal in terms of showing voter enthusiasm, and the ability to pull the coalition back together.

Last edited:
Just landed in Charlotte. I’ll be headed home not far from Bojangles Colesi

If we can just get all of those to be in PA, Mich and Wisky, we’d be cooking

I didn't realize exactly how much I was disconnected from this election with Biden until he left
I forgot the energy I often have. It's back. But this week has reminded me how absolutely detached and dejected I have been for the last year since he said he was running again as an 80+ year old (and I think he's awesome)
Dude. Same here. It's unreal. I was already feeling stressed and anxious *before* the debate, but the moment that I saw Biden appear on the stage, my heart just sank. I've spent the last three weeks since the debate feeling varying degrees of despondent, exasperated, and exhausted- and honestly, if I am truly being honest with myself, I was starting to kind of feel resigned to Trump 2.0.

The last 72 hours, though, have been such an indescribably exhilarating feeling. A complete and total 180. I don't think I have felt this energetic and this excited and this hopeful about the election in years...if ever. Seeing how seamless the passing of the torch has been, seeing the fundraising records completely shattered, seeing the entire party coalesce, seeing the reactions all over social media, seeing how energized and exuberant and exhilarated everyone else is, has given me so much excitement for the election. I recognize that we have a lot of work to do, and that we even may have a sharp uphill climb. But now I'm excited and enthused and ready to roll up my sleeves and go to work to crush MAGA in November.

Back