• Thread starter Thread starter theel4life
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 148
  • Views: 3K
  • Sports 

theel4life

Distinguished Member
Is he the worst #1 pick in NFL history?

He is too small. Has terrible arm strength. Has no accuracy. Has no pocket presence. Not sure he has a strength šŸ˜¬

Last edited:
Just hard for me to believe that a guy who was drafted almost solely because he was thought to be exceptionally good at quick processing and exceptionally good at ball placement, is exceptionally pedestrian at both.

Is he the worst #1 pick in NFL history?

He is too small. Has terrible arm strength. Has no accuracy. Has no pocket presence. Not sure he has a strength šŸ˜¬

Jamarcus was pretty awful. And Young may be worse.

Young is unquestionably the worse if you factor in the total value given for that #1 pick. Everything we gave up to get....this? I am sure he's a nice guy, but he's really damn bad.

Just hard for me to believe that a guy who was drafted almost solely because he was thought to be exceptionally good at quick processing and exceptionally good at ball placement, is exceptionally pedestrian at both.
This is the problem. If your frame is that small, you have to be absolutely elite at a few other things to compensate. Quick like Kyler Murray, touch on the deep ball like Russell Wilson, etc. Bryce doesnā€™t really have any of those traits. You can only blame the terrible o-line, receivers, and coaching for so long before it becomes obvious that the QB is just bad regardless of other factors.

Maybe the most depressing part about all of this is that the Panthers have spent the last half decade building the worst roster in the league by a mile signing and drafting guys like Young, and when Tepper finally decided changes were needed, his solution was to promote someone from within the same regime to the GM spot. Just profound incompetence at all levels of the organization, with no end in sight.

Jamarcus was pretty awful. And Young may be worse.

Young is unquestionably the worse if you factor in the total value given for that #1 pick. Everything we gave up to get....this? I am sure he's a nice guy, but he's really damn bad.
What I donā€™t understand is how they could not see it. You watch him for just a few series and you can see heā€™s not an NFL qb.

The best the Panthers have looked the past 2 seasons is when Andy Dalton was in there. Says it all.

Not sure about Bryce, but Tepper is the worst owner in the history of the NFL. A complete dumpster fire in Charlotte and it starts from the top down. Stupid trades, giving away majority of future top picks for duds that last a season or two. Terrible draft selections with picks they do keep.

Just awful management.

Not sure about Bryce, but Tepper is the worst owner in the history of the NFL. A complete dumpster fire in Charlotte and it starts from the top down. Stupid trades, giving away majority of future top picks for duds that last a season or two. Terrible draft selections with picks they do keep.

Just awful management.
Mark Davis would like to get into this discussion.

Mike Brown deserves a mention as well, but he and Mark Davis didn't decide to buy teams and then screw them up, they inherited their messes. Tepper and Jimmy Haslam (who should also be included in this conversation) made their own beds. The only reason Deshaun Watson isn't in Charlotte is Haslam signed him to a contract that even Tepper wouldn't touch, and now Watson sucks as bad as Bryce but is owed $70+ million for the next two years based on how that fully guaranteed $230 million contract was structured.

Mike Brown deserves a mention as well, but he and Mark Davis didn't decide to buy teams and then screw them up, they inherited their messes. Tepper and Jimmy Haslam (who should also be included in this conversation) made their own beds. The only reason Deshaun Watson isn't in Charlotte is Haslam signed him to a contract that even Tepper wouldn't touch, and now Watson sucks as bad as Bryce but is owed $70+ million for the next two years based on how that fully guaranteed $230 million contract was structured.
Thatā€™s all true.

Although Mark Davis took his inherited mess and spent all his time figuring out how to make himself wealthier rather than improving the football team.

Question for the board ā€” obviously this topic is generating plenty of discussion to justify a stand-alone, but a while back we had sort of agreed to have the sports threads limited to one catch-all per sport (plus one UNC-specific one for sports where UNC competes).

Iā€™m of two minds about the approach, but sort of leaning toward maintaining the contained approach on sports threads for now, at least until the new site design launches very soon and we see how the new features work in terms of letting folks choose their own adventure here by excluding topics they donā€™t want to see.

But let me know your thoughts. If the new features work well, it probably will be a moot point (mostly) anyway.

Just awful management.

How soon we forget the complete ineptitude of Danny Snyder when he owned Washington

Last year the excuse was he didnā€™t have time and receivers werenā€™t open.

He missed very badly yesterday on several throws when he had plenty of time and wide open receivers.

Iā€™m done making excuses and consider him a bust until he proves me wrong. I hope I am wrong.

Question for the board ā€” obviously this topic is generating plenty of discussion to justify a stand-alone, but a while back we had sort of agreed to have the sports threads limited to one catch-all per sport (plus one UNC-specific one for sports where UNC competes).

Iā€™m of two minds about the approach, but sort of leaning toward maintaining the contained approach on sports threads for now, at least until the new site design launches very soon and we see how the new features work in terms of letting folks choose their own adventure here by excluding topics they donā€™t want to see.

But let me know your thoughts. If the new features work well, it probably will be a moot point (mostly) anyway.
IMO we should have a sports forum.

Just awful management.
Dan Snyder says "hold my beer"

Back