Chapel Hill/Carrboro Reminiscing & Missed Connections

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 196
  • Views: 2K
  • Off-Topic 
Yelp, that's Cam's house at the corner of Cameron.
I actually worked with the woman he bought it from. I was briefly working repairing washers and dryers for the campus laundromats and was working at the UNC Laundry just across the street from that. I'm blanking on her name but she was a nice lady. Wed talk occasionally but she was retirement age and I think moved in with relatives. I was gone before she was.

Why did I think John Lindsey had something to do with the Rhinos? I know this was for Crooks Corner.FB_IMG_1726435637985.jpg
Well, that's one of the things Bob did for Crooks. I knew John then but not well enough to know his connection. Got to know him better, first working on the original Wellspring on Ninth Street and a couple of other things and better later, especially when I connected with his mentor, Sumner Winn.

I only met Bob a couple of times. He was brought in to hand paint some faux marble columns in the King's Klub when the Hotel was being built. I was doing sub stuff for Cleora Sterling, Cam Hill's company and for the general. I don't remember him well enough to recognize a younger picture.

If I recall, Cam was on the CH town council in 2000s. Settled down quite a bit from when I knew him. A tidbit - he was one of the folks who got Crook's off the ground amongst other things.

Back