Cornbread - Sweet or Salty

I was coming here to respond to the thread title and say NO sugar in cornbread, but I think I may have missed something...

This is complete and utter nonsense. You’re seeing ghosts.
If you can figure out how to argue that something is "the most X" without defining what is and isn't X, then please tell me. Note that I will steal the idea and revolutionize logic forever.

If you can figure out how to argue that something is "the most X" without defining what is and isn't X, then please tell me. Note that I will steal the idea and revolutionize logic forever.
I thought it was about cornbread?

Attachments

• 200 (8).gif
    200 (8).gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Being a real American, clearly I’m on Team Sweet.

And the thought of syrup on cornbread is gross, y’all.

@superrific wrote: “Why are WE talking about who or what is the real America? That's what you're arguing.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

That query might have been prompted by the sentences pasted below (mine) though the more I look at his two sentences (above) the less sure I am of what he’s trying to get at. Perhaps he can explain.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Corn is the most American plant of all I’d argue.”

“There are a lot of ways to eat corn - sweet, salty, ground up, creamed, on the cob, roasted, chips, tortillas, and flaked but it does seem to bind us historically and moving forward may it bind more than divide.”

@superrific wrote: “Why are WE talking about who or what is the real America? That's what you're arguing.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

That query might have been prompted by the sentences pasted below (mine) though the more I look at his two sentences (above) the less sure I am of what he’s trying to get at. Perhaps he can explain.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Corn is the most American plant of all I’d argue.”

“There are a lot of ways to eat corn - sweet, salty, ground up, creamed, on the cob, roasted, chips, tortillas, and flaked but it does seem to bind us historically and moving forward may it bind more than divide.”
I don't need to derail the corn bread thread any further. Yes, I was reacting to the claim that "corn is the most American plant." In today's world, my hackles go up immediately when I hear something being described as "the most American."

I don't need to derail the corn bread thread any further. Yes, I was reacting to the claim that "corn is the most American plant." In today's world, my hackles go up immediately when I hear something being described as "the most American."

I do not mean nationality but rather geographically.

Super have you looked into getting a round bed? They don't have a wrong side to wake up on. Between your posts here and the music thead you just seem a bit angry like someone who got up on the wrong side of the bed.

I certainly could be even more precise by writing North American. In that I mean that I could engage in a discussion or argue that corn has the greatest use in that geographical region.

I certainly could be even more precise by writing North American. In that I mean that I could engage in a discussion or argue that corn has the greatest use in that geographical region.
OK. That's not quite what you said before. Thank you for the clarification. I don't know if I agree with you about that, but that's neither here nor there.

Super have you looked into getting a round bed? They don't have a wrong side to wake up on. Between your posts here and the music thead you just seem a bit angry like someone who got up on the wrong side of the bed.
It's not the shape of my bed so much as whether I wake up to news of an expanding war in areas that already have too much war.

no self respecting Southerner would put sugar in their cornbread
The first place I remember having cornbread was at Estes Hills Elementary School in Chapel Hill (my parents didn’t cook many “Southern” foods).

The cafeteria staff all-female; all-black. Definitely all-Southern. The cornbread smelled great and tasted even better. It definitely had sugar in it.

Back