Cover Songs Featuring Highly Skilled Musicians

• Thread starter Thread starter an0maly
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 289
  • Views: 3K
The skinny tie of music is bluegrass it comes back in style every few decades. This is one of my favorite covers of a great Bruce Springsteen song.
ETA: Local Chapel Hill native Bobby Britt plays fiddle with this group. His folks started the Merritts BLT craze.

Agree. Bluegrass. Folk. Gospel. Blues. It all comes back because it's "root" music.
Back in the day, one only needed a fiddle - and you had a band. Dancing and singing in harmony would soon follow.

And you are correct. That roots music - bluegrass in this instance - resonates.

I was traveling in Europe as a busker in the 1980's with a fiddle player and a banjo player (I was on guitar). We were playing bluegrass (duh). A fellow busker said: "You guys will do well... we haven't had bluegrass on the streets in years".

As you say, it always come back in style every few decades.

Yeppers lot's of great American song writers came from that band & affiliations. I'd forgotten that Jackson Browne was in the damn band when he was 16.
Will the Circle be Unbroken changed my life and I will always be grateful in a Dead sort of way.

Circle turned a lot of "rockers" on to bluegrass/country mix . Did my sister.

Yeppers lot's of great American song writers came from that band & affiliations. I'd forgotten that Jackson Browne was in the damn band when he was 16.
Will the Circle be Unbroken changed my life and I will always be grateful in a Dead sort of way.

Not really a big Fuel fan but this cover is sick. I remember my roommate freshman year playing this and my mind was blown.

Gonna brag a bit. Fly Me to the Moon. @ around 45 seconds Aiello leans over and whispers to a trumpet player. That's my father. The band was Leon Jordan and the Continentals. They are on the original soundtrack.

Filmed in the triangle. They fixed up Mann's Chapel to film there. Covered the ground with fake snow. I was living couple miles away at the time.

Saw these guys in a club outside Baton Rouge.

They blended soul, rock, and zydeco all night long. I know that not many care for zydeco; it is an acquired taste, but I sure do love zydeco. This crossover cover might entice you to give pure zydeco a try

I think I might have been a Cajun in a previous life

Saw these guys in a club outside Baton Rouge.

They blended soul, rock, and zydeco all night long. I know that not many care for zydeco; it is an acquired taste, but I sure do love zydeco. This crossover cover might entice you to give pure zydeco a try

I think I might have been a Cajun in a previous life

Did you ever see Mel Melton? Was a UNC student; dropped out, went to LA and absorbed the culture. Played with Chenier and others. Along with music he was a great chef. Moved back to NC at some point. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a friend's crawfish party up near Efland in the 90s. Truly talented guy.

Back