DEI and Misogynistic & Foreign/Other Political Attacks on Harris

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 322
  • Views: 5K
  • Politics 

Honestly, it is sort of a crummy video but worth noting the kind if juvenile “humor” Trump promotes.

Holy cow...for the Presidential nominee of a major party to repost that video...what a total lack of decorum.

Some presidential candidates allegedly performed fellatio as a consenting adult on another consenting adult. Other presidential candidates allegedly forced 12 and 13-year-old girls to perform fellatio. BOTH SIDES!!!!!!

Holy cow...for the Presidential nominee of a major party to repost that video...what a total lack of decorum.
Here is the heartbreaking part, at least to me. I honestly thought Trump was trash long before he decided those stupid f'ing stairs in 2015. But my God, I continue to be shocked that so many Americans debase themselves by following him and making excuses for him. It is morally and intellectually insulting. I don't know how we get out of this death spiral, this race to rock bottom.

Former President Donald J. Trump has a history of attacking female opponents and critics in personal terms.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times

Former President Donald J. Trump used his social-media website on Wednesday to amplify a crude remark about Vice President Kamala Harris that suggested Ms. Harris traded sexual favors to help her political career.

The post, by another user on Truth Social, was an image of Ms. Harris and Hillary Clinton, Mr. Trump’s opponent in 2016. The text read: “Funny how blowjobs impacted both their careers differently…”

The remark was a reference to Mrs. Clinton’s husband, former President Bill Clinton, and the Monica Lewinsky scandal, and a right-wing contention that Ms. Harris’s romantic relationship with Willie Brown, the former mayor of San Francisco whom she dated in the mid-1990s while he was speaker of the California State Assembly, fueled her political rise.

Mr. Trump’s repost was the second time in 10 days that the former president shared content from his personal account making sexually oriented attacks on Ms. Harris. Though he has a history of making crass insults about his opponents, the reposts signal Mr. Trump’s willingness to continue to shatter longstanding norms of political speech.

The image Mr. Trump shared on Wednesday morning was another user’s screenshot of a post on X, and it was a reply to an unrelated video clip Mr. Trump had posted on Tuesday night.

Mr. Trump reposted the image as part of a series of 30 reposts he made on Truth Social between 8:02 and 8:32 a.m. on Wednesday, including several posts with references to the QAnon conspiracy theory movement and its slogan. Mr. Trump also reposted photos that called for the prosecution or imprisoning of top Democrats and members of the House committee that investigated the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. The former president has vowed to direct federal prosecutors to investigate his political enemies if elected.

Previously, on Aug. 18, Mr. Trump had shared a video from the Dilley Meme Team — a group of right-wing internet content creators that makes pro-Trump videos and memes denigrating his opponents — that parodied the Alanis Morissette song “Ironic” to attack Ms. Harris as “moronic.” In the parody song, the singer says Ms. Harris “spent her whole damn life down on her knees,” at which point a photo of Mr. Brown appears onscreen.

The Harris campaign, which has largely ignored Mr. Trump’s personal attacks, declined to comment. The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

Mr. Trump has repeatedly been accused of sexual misconduct and was found liable last year for sexual abuse and defamation. He has a history of attacking female opponents and critics in deeply personal terms, often describing them as mentally ill or at times expressing contempt in epithets.

Republicans close to Mr. Trump have expressed concern that he and his allies risk alienating women, Black voters and moderate swing-state voters if they continue to use racist and sexist attacks against Ms. Harris, the first Black woman and first person of South Asian descent to accept a major party’s presidential nomination. Mr. Trump last week acknowledged that some of his advisers have urged him to move away from personal attacks, a shift he said he did not plan to take.

Last month, Mr. Trump questioned Ms. Harris’s identity as a Black woman, suggesting at a convention of Black journalists that Ms. Harris had used her racial profile as a way to gain a political advantage.

After this article was published online, Karoline Leavitt, a spokeswoman for the Trump campaign, complained about The New York Times and said that Mr. Trump, in his reposts about Ms. Harris, “rightfully calls to question her ability to be commander in chief.” The campaign did not respond to questions about the content of these posts and whether Mr. Trump intends to continue such attacks on Ms. Harris. Ms. Leavitt added, “The Failing New York Times spends more time airing negative stories about President Trump than writing about the negative consequences of Kamala Harris’s policies as vice president.”

Here is the heartbreaking part, at least to me. I honestly thought Trump was trash long before he decided those stupid f'ing stairs in 2015. But my God, I continue to be shocked that so many Americans debase themselves by following him and making excuses for him. It is morally and intellectually insulting. I don't know how we get out of this death spiral, this race to rock bottom.
No we have the ability to step up and stop the spiraling downward. Hope, light and truth are more powerful than hate, darkness and lies. I know it's like trigonometry to many but us 2 + 2 = 4 folks should talk to our neighbors and vote.
I was telling a younger colleague today that grown up in the '70s there were so many cults it was hard to see them as that. There was the PTL Club, Moonies, Transcendental Meditation (TM)not so much a cult, Scientology(still a cult), Jim Jones of Kool aid fame, and their later progeny like David Koresh, etc.
Liminal periods liminal meaninghttps://g.co/kgs/Fn4JW7J liminal meaning - Google Search
in society tend to be a net negative as huxters always prey on folks need for understanding/meaning/explanation)
They promise nirvana if you do as "l" tell you.(Sounds a little familiar to Billy's comments not the lies but the "I's")
It's so much easier than self assessment and corrective behavior.
Weak minds = cult membership. The best way forward is honesty education and loving each other.
Kumbaya

Last edited:
Former President Donald J. Trump has a history of attacking female opponents and critics in personal terms.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times

Former President Donald J. Trump used his social-media website on Wednesday to amplify a crude remark about Vice President Kamala Harris that suggested Ms. Harris traded sexual favors to help her political career.

The post, by another user on Truth Social, was an image of Ms. Harris and Hillary Clinton, Mr. Trump’s opponent in 2016. The text read: “Funny how blowjobs impacted both their careers differently…”

The remark was a reference to Mrs. Clinton’s husband, former President Bill Clinton, and the Monica Lewinsky scandal, and a right-wing contention that Ms. Harris’s romantic relationship with Willie Brown, the former mayor of San Francisco whom she dated in the mid-1990s while he was speaker of the California State Assembly, fueled her political rise.

Mr. Trump’s repost was the second time in 10 days that the former president shared content from his personal account making sexually oriented attacks on Ms. Harris. Though he has a history of making crass insults about his opponents, the reposts signal Mr. Trump’s willingness to continue to shatter longstanding norms of political speech.

The image Mr. Trump shared on Wednesday morning was another user’s screenshot of a post on X, and it was a reply to an unrelated video clip Mr. Trump had posted on Tuesday night.

Mr. Trump reposted the image as part of a series of 30 reposts he made on Truth Social between 8:02 and 8:32 a.m. on Wednesday, including several posts with references to the QAnon conspiracy theory movement and its slogan. Mr. Trump also reposted photos that called for the prosecution or imprisoning of top Democrats and members of the House committee that investigated the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. The former president has vowed to direct federal prosecutors to investigate his political enemies if elected.

Previously, on Aug. 18, Mr. Trump had shared a video from the Dilley Meme Team — a group of right-wing internet content creators that makes pro-Trump videos and memes denigrating his opponents — that parodied the Alanis Morissette song “Ironic” to attack Ms. Harris as “moronic.” In the parody song, the singer says Ms. Harris “spent her whole damn life down on her knees,” at which point a photo of Mr. Brown appears onscreen.

The Harris campaign, which has largely ignored Mr. Trump’s personal attacks, declined to comment. The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

Mr. Trump has repeatedly been accused of sexual misconduct and was found liable last year for sexual abuse and defamation. He has a history of attacking female opponents and critics in deeply personal terms, often describing them as mentally ill or at times expressing contempt in epithets.

Republicans close to Mr. Trump have expressed concern that he and his allies risk alienating women, Black voters and moderate swing-state voters if they continue to use racist and sexist attacks against Ms. Harris, the first Black woman and first person of South Asian descent to accept a major party’s presidential nomination. Mr. Trump last week acknowledged that some of his advisers have urged him to move away from personal attacks, a shift he said he did not plan to take.

Last month, Mr. Trump questioned Ms. Harris’s identity as a Black woman, suggesting at a convention of Black journalists that Ms. Harris had used her racial profile as a way to gain a political advantage.

After this article was published online, Karoline Leavitt, a spokeswoman for the Trump campaign, complained about The New York Times and said that Mr. Trump, in his reposts about Ms. Harris, “rightfully calls to question her ability to be commander in chief.” The campaign did not respond to questions about the content of these posts and whether Mr. Trump intends to continue such attacks on Ms. Harris. Ms. Leavitt added, “The Failing New York Times spends more time airing negative stories about President Trump than writing about the negative consequences of Kamala Harris’s policies as vice president.”
Please include links ( and trying to limit to excerpts for stuff behind a paywall).

I think we know that presidential candidates often pick a VP running mate to shore up a certain demographic, get an advantage in a specific state, etc.

When Biden specifically said that he was going to pick a black woman for SCOTUS, he opened the door for these kind of questions/comments regarding his criteria.

Watching conservative women slam a strong, successful woman because she’s a member to a different party is just so disgusting. Conservative men literally want to suppress women’s rights and they can’t help but usher their own demise.

I think we know that presidential candidates often pick a VP running mate to shore up a certain demographic, get an advantage in a specific state, etc.

When Biden specifically said that he was going to pick a black woman for SCOTUS, he opened the door for these kind of questions/comments regarding his criteria.

The people who question/comment Biden for saying he was going to pick a black woman for SCOTUS are the same people who would question his choice/make DEI remarks if he never said a word about it. There's an idiot dooshbag on one side of the coin and an idiot dooshbag on the other. Go ahead and flip it.

The people who question/comment Biden for saying he was going to pick a black woman for SCOTUS are the same people who would question his choice/make DEI remarks if he never said a word about it. There's an idiot dooshbag on one side of the coin and an idiot dooshbag on the other. Go ahead and flip it.
Unfortunately, that's a byproduct of having race-based policies like affirmative action and DEI. I'd have to imagine it's fairly unpleasant for those on the other side, like black university students, to feel like their peers may question their qualifications to be there.

Watching conservative women slam a strong, successful woman because she’s a member to a different party is just so disgusting. Conservative men literally want to suppress women’s rights and they can’t help but usher their own demise.
Some many misogynistic comments about female Trumpers leap to mind. MUST RESIST THE URGE TO LET THE COMMENTS OUT. If I let them out, then I am no better than them. I probably am no better, but I like to pretend that I am better in the hope that If I pretend to be better, then one day I might awake to discover that I am better.

No. I’m calling the people that use DEI as a way to dismiss someone’s achievements a racist.
It's not dismissing achievements. It's the fact that initiatives like affirmative action and DEI are going to raise questions in peoples' minds about why Minority Person A is in their position. Are they there because they are the best and most qualified or are they there because of race?

Some people will say it's irrelevant if Minority Person A is in their position because of race, because of the history of oppression, poor educational opportunities, etc.. and that's fine, but there's nothing racist about making logical connections.

Back