DEI and Misogynistic & Foreign/Other Political Attacks on Harris

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 322
  • Views: 5K
  • Politics 
In the context the fox news types are using it, DEI hire is meant to be a bad thing. It's their new racist, womanizing trope.
MAGA fans have literally redefined DEI to mean “Didn’t Earn It” but use it like a catch-all racial epithet (that doesn’t apply to straight white men).

This one kind of got lost in the shuffle, but deserves attention.

"Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump suggested that Vice President Harris wouldn’t be able to stand up to world leaders because of her appearance, adding that he didn’t want to spell it out but viewers would know what he meant.

“She’ll be like a play toy,” Trump — who has a history of using sexist attacks and stereotypes in campaigns against women — said in a Fox News interview with Laura Ingraham, a portion of which aired on Tuesday night. “They look at her and they say, ‘We can’t believe we got so lucky.’ They’re going to walk all over her.”

Trump then turned to look directly at the camera and added: “And I don’t want to say as to why. But a lot of people understand it.”

Trump campaign spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt said he was not referring to race or gender and went on to criticize Harris over her record on immigration and other Biden administration policies. ..."

TrumpPutin3.jpg

The maga base can’t win nationally and they are incapable of broadening their reach. I see another “red wave” on the horizon

The right-wing cable news host was discussing Monday night’s “White Dudes for Harris” fundraising call, which attracted nearly 200,000 participants and raised almost $4 million for Vice President Kamala Harris’ presidential bid.
It included numerous high-profile elected Democrats, as well as celebrities such as Mark Hamill, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Josh Gad, Bradley Whitford and Jeff Bridges.
But according to Watters, it was “a struggle session for pale, hairy, flabby California artists, and it was basically saying, if you want to be accepted by women, you should vote for a woman.”

“Now, I don’t see why any man would vote Democrat. It’s not the party of virtue, security. It’s not the party of strength. It’s definitely not the party of family,” he continued.
At this point, one of the three women on “The Five” panel could be heard saying, “what?”
“And to be a man and then vote for a woman just because she’s a woman is either childish — that person has mommy issues — or they’re just trying to be accepted by other women.”
“And I heard the scientists say the other day that when a man votes for a woman, he actually transitions into a woman,” he added.
“Oh, is that right?” co-host Dana Perino said at this point, adding sarcastically, “Science says that?” before swiftly moving on.
(I also posted this earlier on the not-long-for-this-world ZZLP about the same incident)

Watters is literally the dumbest anchor/host at Fox News, and included in that assessment is former MTV VJ Lisa Kennedy, and failed standup comedian "Gutless" Greg Gutfeld. In fact, they should put the comically unfunny Gutfeld! in his spot and let Watters carry the conservative late-night crowd.

MAGA fans have literally redefined DEI to mean “Didn’t Earn It” but use it like a catch-all racial epithet (that doesn’t apply to straight white men).
I was listening to Pod Save America today. Jon Lovett was interviewing Stacey Abrams.
Stacey said we need to turn it around and talk about how DEI has helped so many people, like how Title 1 is basically a DEI initiative and how someone born in Appalachia in the last 40 years is a beneficiary of DEI initiatives. Hmmmm

She made sense in saying that we should not accept the fake definition given by the trumplicans and tell people what DEI is really, and how it has helped people to achieve the American Dream.

I was listening to Pod Save America today. Jon Lovett was interviewing Stacey Abrams.
Stacey said we need to turn it around and talk about how DEI has helped so many people, like how Title 1 is basically a DEI initiative and how someone born in Appalachia in the last 40 years is a beneficiary of DEI initiatives. Hmmmm

She made sense in saying that we should not accept the fake definition given by the trumplicans and tell people what DEI is really, and how it has helped people to achieve the American Dream.
When I was a young kid schools we legally Segregated in a big part of the Country. Blacks couldn't vote in several States . In the mid 60s UNC Undergrad was still basically all white males . When I was thirty-UNC surgery had never dreamed of hiring a Black Surgeon. As recently as the 2008 Race-neither candidate would say " legalize Gay marrige "
Now I have been here 7 decades-but I have seen tons of progress. And I fully undersatnd the Anti DEI crowd hates that progess

“…
How much clearer does it have to get? America, you are being trolled.

The point here is simple: Trump’s efforts, over the past twenty-four hours, to shift the political debate to his own untrue and offensive assertions about the Vice-President’s race may well be a political disaster, but they are not an accident, a flub, or an undisciplined lapse. This, in 2024, is as absurd as subscribing to the credulous spin that Trump’s near-death encounter with a would-be assassin’s bullet had remade him into a unity candidate for the ages. Even Trump couldn’t help mocking this ridiculous line from his advisers. “When I got hit, everybody thought I was going to be a nice guy,” Trump said on Wednesday night, adding, “I really agreed with that for about eight hours or so.”

Trump is Trump is Trump. The Harris attacks represent a textbook example of his approach to politics, combining his belief in the strategic power of race-baiting to mobilize his base and his favorite tactic for disrupting a bad news cycle: changing the subject to something even more outrageous. Every minute spent debating Harris’s race—or his own folly in raising it—is a minute not spent on Trump’s own failings: on his advanced age and manifest unfitness for the Presidency; on his legal liabilities and criminal conviction; on his kooky Vice-Presidential nominee and his party’s extreme right-wing agenda.

We saw this time and again during his Presidency. Brazenness remains Trump’s superpower. It’s hard to think of another politician who might willingly play an unhinged racist on national television as a way of diverting attention, but it’s utterly plausible with this one. Nine years into Trump’s political career, the mystery is not that he keeps doing it but that so many Americans keep falling for it. …”

——
I buy that the gist was to grab back the limelight and there is no denying that he doubled and tripled down, but I tend to doubt that is all went according to a master plan.

“…

The point here is simple: Trump’s efforts, over the past twenty-four hours, to shift the political debate to his own untrue and offensive assertions about the Vice-President’s race may well be a political disaster, but they are not an accident, a flub, or an undisciplined lapse. This, in 2024, is as absurd as subscribing to the credulous spin that Trump’s near-death encounter with a would-be assassin’s bullet had remade him into a unity candidate for the ages. Even Trump couldn’t help mocking this ridiculous line from his advisers. “When I got hit, everybody thought I was going to be a nice guy,” Trump said on Wednesday night, adding, “I really agreed with that for about eight hours or so.”

Trump is Trump is Trump. The Harris attacks represent a textbook example of his approach to politics, combining his belief in the strategic power of race-baiting to mobilize his base and his favorite tactic for disrupting a bad news cycle: changing the subject to something even more outrageous. Every minute spent debating Harris’s race—or his own folly in raising it—is a minute not spent on Trump’s own failings: on his advanced age and manifest unfitness for the Presidency; on his legal liabilities and criminal conviction; on his kooky Vice-Presidential nominee and his party’s extreme right-wing agenda.

We saw this time and again during his Presidency. Brazenness remains Trump’s superpower. It’s hard to think of another politician who might willingly play an unhinged racist on national television as a way of diverting attention, but it’s utterly plausible with this one. Nine years into Trump’s political career, the mystery is not that he keeps doing it but that so many Americans keep falling for it. …”

——
I buy that the gist was to grab back the limelight and there is no denying that he doubled and tripled down, but I tend to doubt that is all went according to a master plan.

Right. I just do not understand this narrative that has taken root that this was all some masterful tactical strategy by Trump. He's long been erratic, undisciplined, unorganized, and chaotic. The dude's brain is complete pudding- he ain't rambling about Hannibal Lecter and shark electrocutions out of one side of his mouth while also playing dimensional tactical chess out of the other side. He is a gerbil that gets hopped up on cocaine and manages to get inside a pinball machine.

“…

——

and the hostage release has already knocked Trump out of the headlines again

Honestly, it is sort of a crummy video but worth noting the kind if juvenile “humor” Trump promotes.

GOP tried to rein this in among elected members today but they won’t be able to stop it … they can only hope to contain it.

Waters has to be one of the dumbest people on television. How someone like him gets this job is beyond me.

Trump portrays Harris as foreign, echoing past attacks on Democrats of color​

“I wonder if they knew where she comes from,” Trump said, echoing a 2019 call for Democratic congresswomen to “go back” to where they came from.

"... Trump also freshly described Harris’s policy positions as a “regulatory jihad,” without explanation, using a loaded Arabic term often translated as holy war.

He consistently mispronounced her first name, which her supporters see as demeaning and racist toward Harris, a Black and Indian American woman. At another point, he questioned her upbringing.

“I wonder if they knew where she comes from, where she came from, what her ideology is,” Trump said, referencing Harris’s father, a distinguished Jamaican economist. Harris has said that she was raised primarily by her mother.

Trump has misleadingly called Donald Harris “Marxist,” though this oversimplifies a long career as an academic focused on international development and practical questions related to the economy of his home nation. Trump made the remarks as part of complaining that Democrats replaced President Joe Biden with Harris on their presidential ticket.

... Trump also falsely alleged that Harris plans to sign “illegal aliens” up for Medicare and Social Security. Undocumented immigrants pay into the programs but do not receive payments from them, meaning they help sustain the programs’ solvency. Harris has not produced plans to extend Medicare and Social Security eligibility to undocumented immigrants. ..."

Trump portrays Harris as foreign, echoing past attacks on Democrats of color​

“I wonder if they knew where she comes from,” Trump said, echoing a 2019 call for Democratic congresswomen to “go back” to where they came from.

"... Trump also freshly described Harris’s policy positions as a “regulatory jihad,” without explanation, using a loaded Arabic term often translated as holy war.

He consistently mispronounced her first name, which her supporters see as demeaning and racist toward Harris, a Black and Indian American woman. At another point, he questioned her upbringing.

“I wonder if they knew where she comes from, where she came from, what her ideology is,” Trump said, referencing Harris’s father, a distinguished Jamaican economist. Harris has said that she was raised primarily by her mother.

Trump has misleadingly called Donald Harris “Marxist,” though this oversimplifies a long career as an academic focused on international development and practical questions related to the economy of his home nation. Trump made the remarks as part of complaining that Democrats replaced President Joe Biden with Harris on their presidential ticket.

... Trump also falsely alleged that Harris plans to sign “illegal aliens” up for Medicare and Social Security. Undocumented immigrants pay into the programs but do not receive payments from them, meaning they help sustain the programs’ solvency. Harris has not produced plans to extend Medicare and Social Security eligibility to undocumented immigrants. ..."
Oooh, oooh! Are we allowed to judge presidential candidates based on the sins of their fathers now?

A very unimportant party!

Happy Kamala Harris GIF by Joe Biden

I love this attempted criticism of Kamala Harris……the “party” Trump mentions is Zeta Phi Beta’s convention - 6,000 attending sorority sisters. Kamala is an Alpha Kappa Alpha sister.

If one doesn’t know it, Zeta Phi Beta and Alpha Kappa Alpha are two of the Devine Nine historically black fraternities and sororities. Hugely influential group in the black community.

Fox News host Jesse Watters asked his viewers on Tuesday if the country is ready to elect a “frightened woman” as president as he continues his crusade against Vice President Kamala Harris.

… “When world leaders stood across the poker table from Kamala Harris, they smell fear. They know her tells,” he said.

“Are you gonna gamble our country away on a frightened woman too insecure to tell us who she is?” he asked.

Watters faced criticism earlier this week after being accused of making a sexually suggestive comment about the vice president.

“We don’t know who she is. We don’t know what she believes,” Watters said on Fox News. “She’s gonna get paralyzed in the Situation Room while the generals have their way with her.”

His co-hosts criticized him for the remark. …”

Back