Democratic National Convention August 19-22 (Chicago) - Kamala DNC speech got 22% more viewer than Trump RNC speech

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 1K
  • Views: 26K

nycfan

Curator/Moderator
ZZL Supporter

"... President Joe Biden, former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have been confirmed as speakers at the convention. Obama and the Clintons delivered speeches during the 2020 DNC, which was largely held virtually to prevent the spread of Covid-19 amid the pandemic.

A source familiar said that former President Jimmy Carter’s grandson Jason Carter is also confirmed to be speaking as a representative for his grandfather. ..."

What is the name of the Kid from Florida who attended a shot up School ? He is in his twenties now and is a great speaker..Hope he gets some kind of stage time

Though I’m sure they’ll give good speeches, I might have leaned into the “Turn the Page” script, rather than giving headline slots to Bill and Hillary.
Tip of the hat to the old timey Party operatives that are there I guess................

Though I’m sure they’ll give good speeches, I might have leaned into the “Turn the Page” script, rather than giving headline slots to Bill and Hillary.
100% agree. WAY too much talent in the Dem dugout right now to be spending much time on the leaders of the past few decades. Acknowledge them, thank them, and then get Wes Moore and Stacy Abrams up there to kick ass.

Pro-Palenstine protests are planned, I hope that doesn’t take away from what happens inside the United Center.

Pro-Palenstine protests are planned, I hope that doesn’t take away from what happens inside the United Center.
The United Center is surrounded by blocks of surface parking. Seems like it shouldn’t be too hard to set up a perimeter that allows the protestors to scream to their heart’s content outside the media envelope. Media could seek them out, of course, but there’s nothing that could be done to stop that.

ETA — I continue to think Chicago was a poor choice for this convention. If I were choosing, I’d have put it in some place like Pittsburgh or Atlanta or even Raleigh (don’t want another convention in Charlotte). But the logistics of the United Center are completely different from the International Amphitheater, so I would be very surprised if the optics are anything comparable to 1968.

Last edited:
Back